- CM: Qu¡xam C7, Mon. Apr. 29
- EM: Qu¡xam E7, Mon. Apr. 29 (note correction to problem 1c)
- QM: Quiz Q11, due Thu. May 2 by 9:30am
The tutor for Sunday April 28 will be delayed, but is still planning to come today.
On Tuesday April 30 from noon – 1pm in Purce Lecture Hall Classroom 5, we’ll join the students in Matter & Motion to hear a lecture from Dr. Danielle McDermott of Pacific University in Portland OR, tentatively titled “Studying Swarms and Flows with Active Colloid Models”.
Faculty will provide lunch (you can probably guess what). Please plan to attend if you are not already committed at that time.
We will shift the afternoon CM class to be 1:15 – 3:15 that day, so please mark your calendars accordingly.
On Monday April 22, faculty member Rachel Hastings (mathematics & linguistics) will be available in the CAL from 11:30 – 11:45 (so right after Quixam Workshop) to discuss next year’s Mathematical Systems with interested students. If you are considering Mathematical Systems or any part of it, please plan to stay for this session.
The Sunday tutoring session from 4 – 6pm in the Cave has had zero attendees for the past few sessions. If no-one attends this Sunday’s session, we will discuss cancelling Sunday tutoring for the remainder of the quarter.
- The Northwest Section Meeting of the American Physical Society takes place on May 16 – 18 at Western Washington University in Bellingham.
- PSAM students are invited to consider attending this meeting, but not required.
- I will arrange for a van. We will leave Thu. May 16 after class, and return late Sat. May 18.
- Students are responsible for arranging and paying for their own registration, though I am glad to support you should you need.
- Those of us going will need to discuss/figure out lodging options.