- Physics and calculus assignment is here.
- Read Ch 28.
- Exam Rework form and instructions is here. Due Wed 5pm.
- Read sections 8.1-8.3.
- Problems are from 8.1, 8.2
- ***All students should plan on attending Lab this week***
- Lab handout is available here
- Finish Chaos by Week 10.
- Reading: Finish reading Chapter 18.
- Reading Response available here
- Problem Set: Chapter 18 # 42, 45, 49, 51, 57, 60, 63, 65, 68, 87, 93, 94, 126, 127, 130
- Week 17 Problem Set Solutions available here
- Week 18 Chemistry Learning Objectives:
- Be able to convert between free energy change and the maximum electrochemical cell potential
- Understand and apply the Nernst equation to quantify the relationship between concentration and cell potential and to calculate equilibrium constants from cell potentials
- Be able to discuss the operation of common batteries and the process of corrosion in terms of half-reactions and standard reduction potentials
- Use the stoichiometry of electrolysis reactions to convert between time, amps, and mass produced in a given electrolytic process