Physics and Calculus
- Assignment is here. Due date is Friday 10AM; we may modify that during class Thursday.
- Instructions for problem set writeups Be sure to follow these.
- Some additional tips on making approximations are here.
- Additional tips on how to succeed in physics class are here.
The reading for Chemistry in week 11 is Chapter 12: Chemical Kinetics.
Problem Set: Chapter 12 #15, 20, 23, 28, 29, 34, 38, 39, 43, 48, 55, 58, 59, 68, 71, 83, 102. Due Monday, Jan. 11th at 10:00 am. Solutions available here.
Learning Objectives Week 1 Chemistry
- Measure reaction rates from experimental data
- Determine the rate law using the method of initial rates
- Determine reaction order from the relationship between concentration and reaction time.
- Be able to relate the rate law for a given reaction to a possible reaction pathway
- Describe the function of catalysts, both homogeneous and heterogenous, in chemical and biological systems