- Read Ch 25; parts of Ch 26.
- Physics and Calculus HW statement is here.
- Read Ch 7, sections 7.3-7.4. NOTE: read Learning Goals in HW Statement before reading chapter sections!
- Work the problems in the Algebra Review (see HW statement). Algebra Review section is here.
- Other resources:
- Lab Handout is here.
- ***This is a physics lab. All students should plan on attending.***
- Be prepared, have read it, etc. by Tuesday AM.
- ***Due to the Monday holiday, Homework and Lab notebooks will be collected on Tuesday this week***
- Reading: Finish Chapter 17 for Tuesday (17.7-17.9). Read Chapter 18.1-18.3 for Thursday. The rest of Chapter 18 will be covered next week.
- Problem Set: Chapter 17 # 62, 66, 67, 69, 73, 104, 116. Chapter 18 # 22, 29, 32, 36, 37, 39, 48
- Week 16 Problem Set Solutions available here
- Reading response available here
- Week 17 Learning Objectives:
Calculate the pressure dependence of free energy change for a chemical system
Know how equilibrium can be defined in terms of minimum free energy and calculate the value of K from deltaG°.
Be able to relate work done to the change in free energy
Balance redox reactions via the half reaction method
Know the components of an electrochemical cell and distinguish between a galvanic and electrolytic cell
Be able to use the half reactions and standard reduction potential to form the cell reaction and determine the cell potential