RECAST | Evergreen Remote Update April 10, 2020: Recent Campus Communications
———- Forwarded message ———-
From: Betz, Amy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Apr 10, 2020, 5:31 PM -0700
Dear faculty and staff,
Each Friday of spring quarter, the Evergreen Remote communications team will send a summary of updates about teaching and working remotely, including changes made to Evergreen’s COVID-19 webpage, messages that have been sent out, and information that is forthcoming. Our goal is to ensure our community is apprised of important information related to remote learning, teaching, and services and to reduce the volume of communications you are receiving. Please be sure to check your email filter and junk settings so you don’t miss a message. Here are this week’s updates:
COVID Webpage Update:
- Evergreen’s COVID-19 student resources and employee resources pages – updated regularly. New updates include:
- Physical distancing guidelines (on-campus), interim telework policy, shared leave policy, COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave and FMLA Employee Verification Form and best practices for remote work for employees
- Collecting essential Items from campus guidelines for staff and faculty added to employees page
- Drop-in advising available by Zoom
- Chromebook check out continues
No new webpages this week! See updates above.
- On Zoom– A message sent from John Carmichael and Jen Drake to Faculty/Staff on Tuesday, April 7, 2020
- Giving Each Other Grace – a message sent from George Bridges to faculty and staff on Wednesday, April 8, 2020
- April 15 Student Town Hall – a message sent from Campus News at Evergreen to students, faculty and staff.
- Visit Pandemic Academy – a message sent from Nancy Koppelman, Thursday, April 9, 2020
- The Evergreen State College Launches Pandemic Academy, ThurstonTalk.com posted Monday, April 6.
- The Evergreen State College Remains a Safe, Flexible Opportunity to Advance Your Career, Thurstontalk.com article posted Tuesday, April 9.
In Progress – topics the Evergreen Remote/COVID-19 work groups are currently addressing:
- Keep Working Institutes for staff
- FERPA and Public Records Guidelines for remote teaching
- Assessing student employee needs
- Assessing student technology needs – survey to go out next week
- Planning for summer and fall
- Graduation Ceremony
Thank you and we hope you have a nice weekend. If you have any questions, please contact EvergreenRemoteCommunicationsDL@evergreen.edu.
On Behalf of the Evergreen Remote Communications Coordinating Group,
Amy Betz (co-lead)
Christine Hoffmann (co-lead)
Julie Slone (co-lead)