Recast | Summer ILC/INT Sponsorship: Deadline February 11th
From: Academic Deans <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2021 10:57 AM
This is a long and detailed email, but it is very important for you to read if you plan to sponsor any ILC or INT students this summer! Please read it carefully if you are even CONSIDERING sponsoring any ILC/INT students summer quarter.
We are pleased to announce that our summer quarter course and program selection is done and our catalog is being prepared as we speak. We have an exciting selection of courses and programs for this coming summer quarter.
In addition to offering courses and programs, we make available the opportunity for students to pursue their studies through Independent Learning Contracts (ILC) and Internships (INT).
We need a complete list of faculty who are willing to sponsor contracts by February 11th in order to start work on employment contracts.
Please continue reading if you are interested in, planning on, or even considering sponsoring Individual Learning Contracts or Internships during Summer 2021.
If you have an approved class for summer quarter, your employment contract automatically includes the ability to sponsor contracts.
If you are not teaching in summer 2021, you are eligible to sponsor contracts if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a regular faculty member OR you are currently work as an adjunct in the 2020-21 academic year
- You have completed the ILC/INT sponsor training (if you need this training, it can be organized, please include a note in your email)[WE1] [WE2]
If you meet the above criteria you are eligible, but we still need a few things from you by February 11th.
Please see the section below that best applies to your situation:
I am teaching in Summer 2021:
- Great! Please email Ruth Brownstein at email@example.com and tell her if you want to be listed in the catalog as available to sponsor students.
I am a regular faculty member NOT teaching in Summer 2021:
- You must email Ruth Brownstein at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell her you want to sponsor contracts. This email should also specify whether or not you want to be listed in the online catalog.
I am an adjunct faculty in the 2020-21 academic year:
- Did you teach a class or
sponsor contracts in Summer 2020?
- Yes? You must email Ruth Brownstein at email@example.com and tell her you want to sponsor contracts. This email should also specify whether or not you want to be listed in the online catalog.
- No? That is still okay.
If you do not notify us of your plans to sponsor contracts, you will not have an employment contract for summer–which means you won’t be able to get paid! If you are even considering accepting ILC or INT students this summer it is best to tell us.
We look forward to hearing from you,
Kathleen, Tricia, & Ruth
Summer Curriculum Team