SP01- Designing Learning Experiences that Matter- June Offering
The Learning and Teaching Commons
Teaching teams are encouraged to attend!
This institute merges the principles of intentional and universal design approaches with the opportunity to explore or deepen one’s experience with a variety of teaching strategies. You will leave this institute with a draft syllabus for the course or program you are teaching in fall. Through a conference style approach, you can craft this institute to best support your development needs.
- MONDAY (1 day): Orientation, Portable Learning, & Vision Statement
- TUESDAY – THURSDAY(1.5 days): Select from menu of workshops and/or schedule planning time with your teaching partner(s)
- FRIDAY(0.5 days): Draft Syllabus and Assessment Plan
Workshop topics include:
- Integrating the Common Read
- Inclusive Seminar & Discussion Strategies
- Best Practices for Writing Narrative Evaluations
- Team Teaching
- Teaching with Microsoft Teams
- Equity-producing Credit Policies
- Transparent Assignment Design
- Supporting Students with Disabilities