Round-up: Writing Student Evaluations
To help you prepare for evaluation week, we’ve brought together some advice, policies, and support resources to help.
Advice for faculty
- Evaluation Fundamentals: Who, When, How…and Why? – a workshop by Cali Ellis and Nancy Koppelman.
- Evergreen is removing pronouns from narrative student evaluations.
- Balancing the formative and summative in narrative evaluations.
- The Week 5 Check-in: A guide has some helpful advice about framing and writing wise feedback.
- How to Create Self-Signup Appointments for Students in Canvas.
- Evaluation Reminders from the program secretaries.
- Technical support for submitting evaluations
Policies & Practices
- Credit, Evaluations and Standing
- Amending student records
- Quarter hour credit award
- Upper division credit
- Evaluation writing
- Completion of academic work
Resources for Students
- Writing a Self-Evaluation (docx) – Writing Center Handout
- Essential Reflective Writing at Evergreen: Resource for students