Don’t miss the Week 5 Digest | Fall 2022
Week 5 Digest, Fall 2022
News, Updates, and Corrections
- Evergreen Tacoma – Sankofa News, Fall Quarter Issue Four
- One-time Federal Student Debt Relief applications now open.
- Student Wellness Services presents “Trick or Treatment”
- Free flu shots, tea, and treats for students, staff, and faculty. No appointment necessary!
- When: Friday, Oct. 28, 1-3pm
- Where: Evans Hall Lobby
- Evergreen Halloween!
- Join us for treats, costume and pumpkin-carving contests, decorations and more!
- When: Monday, Oct. 31, 11am-5pm
- Where: Evergreen Olympia campus
- Evergreen Monster Mansion
- Stop by the historic Lord Mansion to grab some candy and learn more about Evergreen!
- When: Monday, Oct. 31, 4:30-8:30pm
- Where: Evergreen Lord Mansion
At Evergreen, we strive to create a culture of mutual respect and care so that each person in our community knows that they matter and belong here. Please help us create a welcoming and inclusive community by being thoughtful when planning your Halloween costume this year.
- The Evergreen Jewish Studies Project presents “Life is Beautiful” (1997, Italy)
- When: Thursday, Oct. 27, 6:30pm
- Where: Sem II D1105
- Sustainability, Business, and Entrepreneurship Fall Lecture Series – The Golden Rule of Adversity
- When: Friday, Oct. 28, 1-2pm
- Where: Zoom
- Evergreen Athletics – Women’s Volleyball
- Careers in Science, Psychology, and Social Work Panels
- When: Wednesday, Nov. 2, 1-5:30pm
- Where: Purce Hall 1 and 4
- Only two weeks left of the Practice of Organic Farming’s Market Stand!
- The Organic Farm Market Stand continues from 3-6 pm this Thursday, Oct. 27, at the Organic Farm. The farm is located at 2712 Lewis Road NW, Olympia WA 98502. The market stand will also continue outside Evans Hall from 3-6pm on Tuesday, Nov. 1.
- We accept cash, credit (except AMEX), check, and EBT. Students receive 50% off produce.
- Place an online order by 10am of market day and pick up your order quickly and easily from our online store.
For more information, contact the Farm Manager, Beth Leimbach, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 867-6160.
- Clean Energy Committee Hearings
- When: Monday, Oct. 31, 3-5pm
- Where: Evans Hall 3201A and 3201B
- Journaling and Creative Practice
- When: Each Monday, 3-4pm (through Fall Week 10)
- Where: Evans Hall 2205/2207
- Social Justice Center Open House
- When: Each Wednesday, 12-1pm (through Fall Week 10)
- Where: Evans Hall 2205/2207
- Upcoming Satellite Food Bank Tuesday distributions, Olympia Campus Parking lot C:
- Nov. 8, 2-4pm
- Nov. 22, 2-4pm
- Dec. 13, 2-4pm
- The Hungry Greener Program allows students in campus housing to apply for a limited number of free meals in the Greenery or in their rooms, if they are in isolation or quarantine.
· Have a question and don’t know where to start?
· Greener Hub is designed to put you in touch with the people, offices, and services you need: Student Services and Academics, Registration, Housing, Advising, Student Accounts, Library & Media Services, and more!
· Submit questions or support requests 24/7, and receive a response within two business days.
COVID Health and Safety
- Individuals with a Washington address can order free rapid COVID-19 antigen tests with free delivery from the Washington Department of Health. https://sayyescovidhometest.org/
- Announcing employment changes? Want to give someone a public kudos or send a note of appreciation? Please send to email@example.com.
- Have something you would like to see on Evergreen’s social media? Submit your content for us to share and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, as well as YouTube.
Marketing and Communications | Evans Hall 4003
The Evergreen State College
2700 Evergreen Parkway, NW, Olympia, WA 98505