Recast | Reminder: Academic Fair: Summer & Fall on May 19th 4-6pm
From: Academic Deans <email@example.com>
Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 7:56 AM
This is a quick reminder to please turn in your academic fair materials and zoom link this week (step 3 in the list below). If you have questions about how the fair will work, please feel free to pop into our zoom meeting this afternoon from 4 to 5 to ask (step 4 in the list below)!
Academic Fair for both Summer AND Fall quarters is coming up quicker than you might realize! Please make sure you have Wednesday, May 19th from 4 to 6 pm on your calendars.
As you probably anticipated, the Academic Fair will once again be held in a virtual/online/Zoom environment. We are following the same setup as the last two quarters.
Faculty will set up their own zoom meetings for the fair. Our friends in academic technologies have been nice enough to put together a guide to help you quickly set up your meetings with the settings that are most appropriate for this type of event. Faculty should not set up a meeting using Canvas– this meeting type does not work for public events. If you need direction on how to set it up outside of Canvas, please see: Schedule a Zoom Meeting via the Web Portal
Those zoom links, as well as your fair handouts, will be provided to students on this page. Links will also be available to the other offices and support services students are accustomed to finding at the fair.
Faculty need you to take steps 1-3 on the list below by Wednesday, May 12th to have everything in place before the fair the following week.
- Create a fair handout for each of your offerings
- Create your Zoom link. See: Schedule a Zoom Meeting via the Web Portal*
- Complete this form for each offering you want to display in the online fair guide (if you have more than one in winter please make sure to fill it out for each offering).
- OPTIONAL: Is this your first virtual (or any!) Academic Fair and are curious how the process works? Have questions about the form? Pop in to ask questions of Registration & Records and Deans Area staff. Tuesday, May 11th from 4-5pm. Zoom link: https://evergreen.zoom.us/j/86274378714
- Show up to your zoom meeting and help students!
*we have heard from some faculty that individual rooms can be lonely when there aren’t many students stopping in. Please know that you are welcome to arrange with your colleagues to share a zoom room and move in to break out rooms to have discussions with students. We can’t offer any room management support if you do this, but it is an option. Just make sure everyone puts the same zoom link on the form. Please do not leave the room you have on the form to visit colleagues in other rooms!
If you encounter an issue on the day of that makes your meeting unable to continue, please go to the registration zoom meeting and let them know. The zoom link to registration will be available at https://sites.evergreen.edu/academicfair/ .
We will send another reminder and any additional details closer to the event,
The Academic Fair Team
The Curriculum Team
Registration & Records