RECAST | Equity Symposium 2021
From: Simonetti, Hannah <Hannah.Simonetti@evergreen.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 5, 2021 12:30 PM
Hello Evergreen Community,
We are excited to announce the dates for this years 2021 Equity Symposium: Wade in the Water
This years symposium draws its inspiration from the situatedness of Evergreen on the Salish Sea. Our waters embrace the currents of change, while reminding us of the interconnectivity of our ecosystems, our indigenous and local communities. Just as water carries a seed downstream along a rough and tumble journey to new shores, it provides nourishment for the seed to take root, blossom, and realize its transformative and lifegiving potential. This is how we envision equity work at Evergreen.
We invite proposals for presentations, activities, interventions, trainings, artistic expression, and more, that consider the following:
1) how do we honor and reconcile our complicated encounters and wounds of the past?
2) how do we hold space for vulnerability and community building in turbulent moments of the present?
3) how do we advance transformative action into a more equitable collective future?
Equity Symposium Tentative Schedule
- Tuesday April 13th Opening Speaker 4pm-5pm
- Wednesday April 14th Session 9am-Noon, Lunch Speaker Noon-1
- Thursday April 15th Sessions 1pm-5pm, Closing Speaker 5pm-6pm
We are also now taking proposals for the symposium, proposals are open until January 22nd.
Hannah Simonetti | Director of First Peoples Multicultural, Trans, And Queer Support Services, Campus Climate and Belonging Education
227 CAB| p: 360.867.6372
2700 Evergreen Parkway NW | Olympia, WA 98505