RECAST | TESC Virtual Galleries – submission info
I want to let you know about an exciting project a small group of Visual and Media Arts staff and interns are working on to create a series of TESC Virtual Galleries. The first will feature selected works from the library permanent collection currently on display in the Evergreen Gallery, and another will be a series of online galleries featuring the work of our visual and media art students. Two in particular we are seeking student participation in are: “Virtual Gallery – All-Level” and “Virtual Gallery – Senior Works” (titles subject to change). These will be Evergreen’s first series of online only galleries featuring artwork created by students over the 2019-2020 academic year. As part of the opening event for the Senior Works show on June 9th, the selected artists will have the opportunity to participate in a live event where they will have 3-5 minutes to share images and talk about their process and their work. These events will be open to the public and will be an opportunity to showcase some of our students’ best work and celebrate virtually with friends and family. The Virtual Galleries will remain on display through graduation and beyond via our Evergreen Gallery site.
Important dates and deadlines:
- Thursday, May 21st, 5pm: Senior Capstone proposals due, along with letters of interest from students and programs wishing to participate in all-level show.
- Friday, 5/22: 2p-3:30p: Zoom workshop led by faculty Lauren Boilini on writing artist statements and bios.
- Tuesday, May 26th: Selected artists for senior capstone show will be notified.
- Monday, June 1st: Photo staff available to shoot the work of selected seniors.
- Tuesday, June 2nd, 5pm: final submissions for both shows due.
- June 9th: Virtual Gallery openings! Event details to come.
We will be sending out an email shortly containing a series of video tutorials on best practices for shooting artwork with smart phones. Feel free to email Ryan Richardson with any questions about taking quality pictures. Additionally, Ryan will hold zoom office hours for “in-person” support on Tuesday, May 26th from 2-3pm.
Please forward this information, along with the attached submission form, to students interested in participating and send any submission inquiries to Michelle Pope.
Visual Arts Operations Manager
The Evergreen State College