Week One Winter 2022 Resources and Reminders from the Academic Deans
Winter 2022 Resources and Reminders
Welcome back! We hope your break was restful and restorative. Here are some Resources and Reminders for the upcoming weeks—full of possibilities for New Year’s Resolutions!
Launching the quarter:
Attendance forms are due to Registration and Records no later than Friday of week one (January 7). I Please remember that compliance with this reporting is very important for students! You can find lists of students enrolled in your program in my.evergreen. Don’t forget that students can continue to add and drop programs throughout the week. They may do this using a registration form or, if you are a program coordinator, you can enter an override online which allows admitted students to complete their registration through my.evergreen.edu until 4 pm Friday. Please help students find and process the resources they need.
Registration Closes on Day 10 (January 14), so if you have a student who is not thriving, please direct them to an academic advisor as early as possible (at email@example.com). Sometimes getting out of a program is better—academically and financially–than staying in. Please help students land in a learning environment that works for them.
Dates and Deadlines:
• Fall quarter student evaluations were due December 31, 2021. Please turn in your evaluations, if you haven’t already! Delays in posted evals can mean holds on financial aid, or graduation and career delays, and more, which are very stressful for students. If you are still awaiting late work from students who have otherwise completed your fall program, be sure to post an “incomplete” with a due date if you have not yet done so.
• Please turn in your syllabus and community agreement through my.evergreen.edu by Friday, January 14th. We hope you can make this a regular practice!
• There are two additional opportunities this year for you to fulfil your Title IX training requirement (this is an annual requirement for all faculty). Monday, January 24, 1-3pm & Wednesday, May 4, 1-3pm. No need to sign up ahead of time; please enroll yourself in the Canvas course for the asynchronous portion of the training: https://canvas.evergreen.edu/enroll/EB6LB9.
• A reminder that the full afternoon of Wednesday, January 5 (1-5) is designated for faculty curriculum planning. Please use this time for your program/course planning, including making decisions about your 2023-24 schedules. Please note that 2023-24 catalog copy is due April 15, 2022 (through my.evergreen.edu)
• Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF) faculty applications are due January 26, 2021 at 5:00pm.
- In Case of Illness: A reminder that if you are sick and need to be away from work, inform your dean, your faculty team and your program secretary. It is wise to have a contingency plan should you (or your students!) need to be away. All faculty have access to paid medical leave (the amount of medical leave and paperwork requirements vary). Don’t come to work sick – it doesn’t help anyone!
- COVID Testing: There will be more testing clinics on the Olympia campus this quarter: this week they are on Monday, January 3rd and Wednesday, January 5th, and Friday January 7th behind Evans Hall (the library) from 12 noon to 2 pm, weather permitting. No need to be symptomatic or exposed to get this free test, and no appointments needed, but you need to sign up for an account to receive your results.
Thanks for all you do, and good luck with your winter quarter!
The Academic Deans | 360.867.6810