Recast | IMPORTANT INFO ON HONORARIA and REIMBURSEMENTS
From: “Rahn, Julie” <email@example.com>
Date: Friday, January 29, 2021 at 3:12 PM
To: All Staff & Faculty DL <AllStaffFaculty@evergreen.edu>
Greetings, Faculty Members,
Hope this finds you well!
Please note the following changes from the Program Secretaries & Academic Budget department needed to process paperwork:
In order to improve efficiency and consistency among the various divisions, we have streamlined the honoraria and reimbursement processes. Please note and follow the changes below, effective immediately.
- ALL guest speaker/panel requests are now to be sent to the Program Secretary DL only – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do NOT send guest speaker/panel requests directly to an individual secretary or it will delay the payment.
- You will no longer be responsible for obtaining the guest speaker’s W-9, SSN, address, or any other personal information.
- Because of this, it is IMPORTANT you provide as much lead time as possible, ideally a minimum of 2 weeks, thank you!
- ALSO, while we make adjustments to workflow within the department, please forward ALL Reimbursement Requests to the ProgramSecretaryDL as well. Sending it directly to a program secretary will only delay your request.
Please provide the following information for each of your guest speakers this quarter:
– Name of the speaker(s)
– Date(s) of service, i.e. when they are Zooming with your group
– Phone number to get their SSN
– Email address to send them a W-9
– Topic they will be speaking on
– Amount they will be paid
– Your program name
– Your program org code, if you know it
– Program name of any other contributing programs
- We will get the speaker’s personal information directly from them. You do not have to provide their address or SSN, for example.
After both parties provide the needed info, either the honorarium agreement (HA) or a contract and A-19 will be prepared, which your speaker will sign/date after they have spoken. Then the HA or contract will be sent to you, for your signature/date. And then it will be forwarded to Tina for processing.
Overall, processing HAs remotely is a longer, slightly more complex procedure. The key is getting the W9 and then the HA back from the speaker in a timely manner. So please let your speakers know they will be contacted twice via email, and that they will need to return a completed W9 prior to the lecture and signed and dated paperwork after the lecture.
Don’t hesitate to be in touch if you have any questions!
Enjoy your day!
Your Program Secretary Team
Gen, Julie, and Susan
Academic Program Support
Labs 1 & 2
Office: Lab 1, #1018
The Evergreen State College 2700 Evergreen Pkwy Olympia, WA 98505
I am currently working Monday-Friday, 8-5, from home, and responding to emails as quickly as I am able.