RECAST | COVID Weekly Update: Campus safety measures
From: COVID <COVID@evergreen.edu>
Sent: Friday, October 9, 2020 1:50 PM
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF STANDARD PRECAUTIONS AND POLICY ON MY.EVERGREEN
- Unless there are significant positive developments in COVID-19 conditions, it is likely college instruction and operations will stay the same for the academic year.
- To do: Complete Acknowledgement of Standard Precautions and Policy now posted in my.evergreen.
- Results are in! Campus residents participated in free COVID-19 testing Wednesday, 9/30.
- REMINDER: COVID Safety TrainingCanvas course and guidance for in-person employee meetings is available.
- Read this week’s email to students.
- If you come to campus, follow all safety requirements, fill out a Health Verification Form via the web or your phone (login required), and never come to campus if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
reading time for this email: 5 minutes
CAMPUS HEALTH AND SAFETY UPDATES AND REMINDERS
- Acknowledgment of Standard COVID-19 Safety Precautions and Policy – Employees and students must complete the COVID-19 Acknowledgement of Risks, Requirements, and Policy in my.evergreen.edu. As of Tuesday, October 6, 2020, you need to complete the acknowledgement before accessing applications on my.evergreen.edu. It is not a substitute for training for those participating in in-person activities but ensures the basics and College policy are seen and acknowledged by everyone.
- COVID Testing for Campus Residents
Last week we were able to test 99.2% of students living on campus. There were no positive COVID tests! Thank you to all the students, faculty, and staff for your flexibility to make this happen. The second of this two-part testing event will be next Wednesday, Oct 14th. Go Geoducks!
Campus residents will be finishing their 14 day “move-in” quarantine this Friday, Oct. 9. Thank you all for your help keeping our campus COVID Free!
- You are required to complete this training in order to participate in any in-person or on-campus activity or work. You only need to take this training once.
- Access the Safety Training linked here or through your dashboard in Canvas
- The training works best with Chrome or Firefox browsers.
- Employee Meetings – The Group Meeting Guidelines and Safety Plan allows Evergreen employees to meet in-person, under certain conditions, without approval or additional safety plans. Visit the safety plans website or access the PDF directly for full details.
HEALTH AND SAFETY BRIEFINGS
Information about past briefings for students, faculty, and staff, including recordings and slide decks is available. The fall plan for these briefings (purpose, format, and schedule) is currently being assessed and will be announced soon.
CAMPUS OPERATIONAL STATUS
The college is currently in limited hybrid operations and will stay in this level at least through fall quarter, with very few exceptions.
Unless there are significant positive developments in COVID-19 conditions, an unexpected decline in coronavirus infections, or an order from the governor, it is likely we will be working at a similar operation level for the remainder of the academic year.
COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY WEBSITE
The COVID-19 Health & Safety website (WordPress) is where you will find information for employees who need to come to campus, reporting and responding to potential COVID cases, and the most recent updates.
Please continue to take care of yourself and others. We hope you have a nice day.