Inviting a guest speaker to your class? There is a new process for honoraria.
The new 2021 rates are as follows:
- $250 day for 1 full day of guest lectures/ workshops
- $125 a day for ½ day of guest lectures/ workshops
- $100 for a anything under a half day
Directions from the Academic Budget Office:
- This form will ultimately live in my.evergreen.edu, but currently please access the form with this link: https://sites.evergreen.edu/academicforms/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=frm_forms_preview&form=xka03a3032de37fb
- We will need a W9 for each vendor or guest speaker. You will receive a W9 attached with approval of honoraria.
- Per the Governor’s mandate, we will also need to know if the vendor or guest speaker is vaccinated. Please note that this only applies if the guest speaker is physically present to speak to students. If a guest speaker is not vaccinated, they should not be coming to campus. Please contact me if you have any questions about this and we can work with the COVID team if necessary.
- The important part is getting this form to the vendor/ guest speaker 10 days prior to the guest speaker’s lecture/ workshop. They will need to print, sign, and get back to us prior to the event. We will not be able to approve honoraria for events that have already passed.
- The honoraria form is for 1 day only. If a speaker is coming for multiple days, please work with your Program office @ Program Secretaries DL ProgramSecretaries@evergreen.edu, and they will help you with that paperwork.
Please reach out to Joseph Piper (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tina Pearson (PearsonT@evergreen.edu) if you have any questions or concerns.