Recast | Community Opportunities Database (CODA) Now Hosted by Handshake
From: “Williams, Nikki” <email@example.com>
Date: Monday, March 22, 2021 at 11:22 AM
Greetings from the Student Employment Office,
I am excited to announce that the Student Employment Office is transitioning hosting of our Community Opportunities Database (CODA) job & internship board to Handshake! This new partnership will make posting and applying for jobs quicker, easier, and more intuitive for all users. This is the culmination of a project started by Scott Elliott, and he laid much of the groundwork making this transition possible.
The Student Employment Office will be leveraging break week to get as many employer accounts activated as possible. If you previously posted a position in CODA you will receive an email directly from Handshake shortly to activate your account.
If you don’t receive an email from Handshake in the next 48 hours, or you have not used CODA before, you can manually create your account here: Creating a CODA/Handshake Account Manually
If you have posted in CODA before:
- If you have an active job posting in CODA, your job has been moved into the Handshake host system and should be currently active for students to view & apply. Please log into your account to confirm your positions are listed, are active, and are linked to your user account.
- If you posted in CODA previously and would like the information from any of your previous postings, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll provide you with your posting data.
Training Materials & Training Times
Help sheets, instructions, and tutorials:
- Employer Guide to Using CODA: Creating an Employer Account and Posting a Job
- Find a Job: Setting Up Your Account & Searching for Jobs and Internships
- Video Tutorial: Search for, Save, and Apply to Jobs in Handshake
In-person Zoom trainings: Handshake Overview and Q&A
- Wednesday, March 24th, 2-3pm: Zoom link
- Tuesday, March 30th, 10-11am: Zoom link
- Schedule a group or individual training by emailing email@example.com
Spring quarter offers a relatively low traffic time in CODA to address any issues that emerge with Handshake in time for summer hiring. Handshake also offers a number of tools and features beyond what our old hosting site offered. For now, we will ensure the system is running smoothly for the primary work of hosting position postings and connecting students with job and internship opportunities. This summer we will explore the expanded features and your input will be requested on which tools to prioritize.
Please watch for the email from Handshake to activate your staff account or create your account now. Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions you have.
Thanks for all you do to support our students!
Associate Director of Financial Aid – Student Employment