RECAST | COVID: Weekly Update – Campus Safety Measures
From: COVID <COVID@evergreen.edu>
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2020 1:31 PM
REVIEW COVID REPORTING AND RESPONSE PROTOCOLS
- Campus residents participated in the second round of free COVID-19 testing Wednesday, 10/14.
- What happens if an Evergreen student or employee tests positive? Review campus reporting and response protocols for positive cases.
- COVID Supervisors: Please review the most recent information about safety training completion reports.
- Updated student fee information is available.
- Read this week’s email to students.
- If you come to campus, follow all safety requirements, fill out a Health Verification Form via the web or your phone (login required), and never come to campus if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
reading time for this email: 5 minutes
CAMPUS HEALTH AND SAFETY UPDATES AND REMINDERS
- COVID Testing for Campus Residents: On Wednesday we offered another round of free testing to students and RAs living on campus. Thank you to all the students, faculty, and staff for making the event possible. Thanks to everyone for doing your part to keep our campus safe!
- If an employee or student reports a confirmed case of COVID-19 and lives on campus or has recently visited one of Evergreen’s locations:
- The Health Alert Team will contact the individual to verify the nature of the case or presumed exposure, identify who may have been similarly exposed, and coordinate with Thurston County Public Health when necessary.
- Building Services will be notified and will follow enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols, including temporary closure of specific locations where the individual spent time.
- In the event of the first confirmed case on campus we will send a community-wide notification via email. Any additional reported cases will be listed on the Healthy and Safety website.
- Individuals will only be contacted if there is a concern about their exposure to a person or space.
- Learn more about Evergreen’s Reporting and Response Protocols.
- COVID Supervisors: Information about accessing completion reports for the COVID Safety Canvas Training is available. This week you should have also received an email from COVID@evergreen.edu detailing how to check the status of your employee’s COVID-19 training completion.
If you did not receive this email or do not have access to the dashboard, email COVID@evergreen.edu. The report was last updated on October 10. We’re working to update the data by Monday, but power surges on campus have made it challenging to pull the data from Banner.
UPDATED STUDENT FEE INFORMATION
The following fees are not currently being charged and suspended until further notice or unless otherwise specified:
- Clean Energy (suspended until Fall 2021)
- Late Night Shuttle
All other student fees are being maintained with the understanding that the services provided by the funds will be delivered through alternate methods during the COVID-19 pandemic and Evergreen’s adjusted operations.
HEALTH AND SAFETY BRIEFINGS
Faculty, staff, and students will be invited to a combined briefing on November 19, from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PDT. Look for an Outlook invitation coming soon.
about past briefings for
students, faculty, and staff, including recordings and slide decks is
CAMPUS OPERATIONAL STATUS
The college is
currently in limited hybrid operations and will
stay in this level at least through fall quarter, with very few
are significant positive developments in COVID-19 conditions, an unexpected
decline in coronavirus infections, or an order from the governor, it is
likely we will be working at a similar operation level for the remainder of the
COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY WEBSITE
The COVID-19 Health & Safety website (WordPress) is where you will find information for employees who need to come to campus, reporting and responding to potential COVID cases, and the most recent updates.
Please continue to take care of yourself and others. We hope you have a nice day.
Communications and Promoting Safe Behaviors Team