For more information, please follow this link: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/660523100
Salary– $72,995 – $94,889 per year
- Support research to sustain or enhance agricultural production and environmental quality in agroecosystems characteristic of the western Great Plains.
- Plan, organize and perform complex image processing and geospatial analysis for airborne and satellite remote sensing data from semi-arid rangeland ecosystems; develop high-level products based on multi-spectral and hyperspectral data.
- Assist with experimental site selection using geostatistics; conduct appropriate data quality control and assurance as well as data analyses in the areas of study; prepare data summaries and analytics for visualization of data.
- Maintains and develops strategic plans for sophisticated remote-sensing and geospatial research, including computer platforms and hardware, software, and associated data management pipelines.
- Collect, review, perform quality assurance/quality control, and correct data from a wide array of remote sensing and geospatial technologies and public sources, and manage geospatial datasets in a relational database environment.
- Develop spatially explicit data products, thematic maps, and other spatial visualization tools; prepare graphical and tabular summarizations of data and write technical reports that detail methods used and interpretation of results.
- Perform literature searches and assist in manuscript preparation.
- Analyze and manage geospatial data using contemporary and sophisticated software and programming tools (e.g., Python and R scripting)
- Evaluates unusual circumstances and recognizes when gaps in data or computational techniques warrant further investigation and can interprets data that is questionable in terms of accuracy and interprets findings in terms of scientific significance.
- Actively participates on cross-site collaborative geospatial efforts to obtain, share, and disseminate information on remote-sensing geospatial analytical methods, procedures, and results.
- Develops new techniques to improve the accuracy and efficiency of analyzing remotely sensed geospatial data and to resolve challenges presented by specific scripts, programs, software, or in working with specific agroecosystems.
- Prepares graphical and tabular summarizations of data and writes technical reports that detail methods used and interpretation of results for progress reports and scientific articles.