Salary: $5,341.00 – $7,184.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Closing Date: 9/17/2023 5:00 PM Pacific
The Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission manages one of the largest, most diverse–and most beautiful–parks systems in the country. With more than 120,000 acres, the system includes 124 developed parks, including 19 marine parks, 11 historical parks, 35 heritage sites, 13 interpretive centers and approximately 500 miles of long-distance recreation trails. The agency is staffed with nearly 1000 employees (summers), who are some of the most passionate employees you’ll find anywhere. We love what we manage and what we do. For more information on Washington State Parks, click here.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who enjoys paying attention to the details, is experienced in the world of government contracts, who is motivated by helping others, willing to share knowledge and provide guidance in a team environment, and someone who understands that the proper execution of contracts and agreements is an important role that helps the agency further its mission of making WA State Parks cherished destinations that all Washingtonians enjoy, appreciate, and proudly support!
The Contracts Specialist 3 position is responsible for procurement compliance and contract compliance to include the administration of contracts, interagency agreements, grants, letters of understanding, performance of competitive solicitations, contractual negotiation, etc. This position serves as the agency’s first point of contact for all contractual questions, expertise, direction, and may also work as an assistant contracts administrator and work to resolve issues that arise during the contracting process.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise and manage staff by providing management and leaderships guidance on assigned functions, annual expectations, and all agency rules and policies.
- Create and review various contract related documents that are required for lawful agency contractual relationships including but not limited to, the pre-solicitation stage, competitive procurement process, contract award, contract execution, and contract closure activities.
- Advise Parks agency staff on all applicable laws, rules, and procedures that are involved in all facets of contracting work including, the execution of grants, contracting for construction, and goods or services.
- Provide guidance on training and fostering of Washington State Equity in Procurement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree involving major study in business administration, public administration, business law, commerce, economics, mathematics/statistics, or a closely related field.**
- Three (3) years of experience in negotiating, administering, or terminating government contracts, contract property management, contract cost or price analysis, or contract compliance administration.
- Master’s degree in business administration, public administration, business law, commerce, economics, mathematics/statistics, or a closely related field and two (2) year of experience in negotiating, administering, or terminating government contracts, contract property management, contract cost or price analysis or contract compliance administration.
- A law degree from an accredited college or university approved by the Washington State Bar Association and one (1) year of experience in negotiating, administering or terminating government contracts, contract property management, contract cost or price analysis, or contract compliance administration.
** Additional qualifying work experience can be substituted year-for-year for education. **
- One (1) year of experience working in a Washington State government agency centralized contracts unit with familiarization in: Posting competitive solicitations in WEBS, grant management, contract negotiating, grant & contract execution in the areas of two (2) CFR 200 – Federal Grants, RCW 39.04 – Public Works, RCW 39.80 – Architectural and Engineering, and RCW 39.26 – Goods and Services.
Additionally, a successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Gather, analyze, and understand data to formulate opinions and decisions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Formulate techniques and methods to meet identified core needs.
- Manage time appropriately to meet deadlines
HOW TO APPLY
To ensure consideration, please complete the online job application and profile at www.careers.wa.gov. You must attach or embed in your application the following:
- Letter of interest specifically addressing the qualifications listed in this announcement.
- Current resume.
- Three professional references, if not completed in the application process.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/4186348/contracts-specialist-3-tumwater