Salary: $78,120.00 – $105,096.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Project (limited duration)
Closing Date: 9/28/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
The Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is seeking an experienced and driven individual to join the Enterprise Services Facility team as a Construction Project Coordinator 3 (CPC3)! The CPC3 role supports the mission of Facilities team by managing design, construction, and public works projects at DNR facilities, thus ensuring safe and comfortable place to work.
As the CPC3, you will serve in a critical position on our Facilities team completing Capital Funded projects. The CPC3 works independently, yet with a team of diverse individuals, to accomplish all aspects of program and project management, while ensuring the highest quality of work is produced. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with internal and external DNR stakeholders to create and manage your project budgets to meet agency requirements.
- Directing and supervising engineering projects including selecting, supervising, and directing consulting architects and engineers (A/E) for design, alternations, and repairs.
- Managing a number of concurrent construction projects.
- Directing all phases of the projects while supervising the performance of quality assurance efforts.
- Participating in A/E selection, review, and negotiation processes, including pre-design and design efforts.
- Preparing and submitting scope, cost estimate, and schedule for capital budget requests.
- Managing concurrent construction contracts and construction projects.
- Administering new construction, alterations, and repair projects at state facilities.
- Ensuring funding availability for construction contracts and change orders.
- BA Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or closely related field.
- 3 years of Contract Bid Practices.
- 3 years of Project Management Practices.
- Team Work, Scheduling, Innovation
- DNR Core Competencies:
- Personal Accountability
- Value Others
- Compassionate Communication
- Inspire Others
- Commitment to Excellence
Special Requirements and Conditions of Employment:
- Mostly office environment with field work site inspections weekly.
- Ability to travel around the state with limited attendance out of state work requirements
- A valid unrestricted driver’s license and have two years of driving experience. This position requires driving as an essential function. Finalists and/or interview candidates will be asked to provide a driving record from all states in which they have held a license during the past three years.
- Experience in Public Works.
- Experience in Construction and Remodeling.
- To be considered you must apply online at www.careers.wa.gov.
- Attach a letter of interest describing how your experience and qualifications relate to the position profile and the position required, desired and special requirements.
- Attach a resume describing your experience and qualifications.
- Provide three to five professional references – you may attach a document, use the References text field in the online application, or include with resume.
- Attach a copy of your college degree certificate or an unofficial copy of your transcripts.
- Important: Do not attach any documents that include photos or private information (social security number, year of birth, etc.).
- Complete all supplemental questions.
- Candidates that move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted via email from email@example.com with interview information/scheduling instructions. Please monitor the email listed in your application materials and check your junk email folder to ensure you receive those communications.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/4190098/construction-project-coordinator-3