For more information, please follow this link: https://www.higheredjobs.com/details.cfm?JobCode=178071752&utm_source=08_25_22&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=JobAgentEmail
Primary function: Lead the modeling theme of the Agroecosystem Sustainability Center (ASC), lead research projects on soil/environmental biogeochemistry, sustainable agriculture, and global environmental change, seek fund opportunities and develop grant proposals, publish research output in academic journals or conference, and support the team lead on team management and student mentoring.
Duties & Responsibilities
Conduct cutting-edge research related to developing and applying large-scale ecosystem biogeochemical models, and publish research outputs in journals and at conferences. Lead the modeling theme of the Agroecosystem Sustainability Center (ASC), including proposal development to secure research funds. Lead or support the management of research projects including supervision of relevant students, technicians, graduate students, and postdoc scholars. Education, training, and outreach with students and farmers.
- PhD in relevant field.
- 5-year post-PhD experience with soil biogeochemical modeling;
- 5-year post-PhD experience with ecosystem modeling in the framework of earth system models;
- Experience with using multi-source earth science data for large-scale modeling effort;
- Experience with leading and managing research projects including supervising others;
- Experience with writing successful proposals;
- Experience in class teaching;
- Experience in student mentoring;
- Publication in domain leading journals.
- PhD in ecosystem modeling and environmental biogeochemistry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Evidence of consistent use of good judgment, discretion, and tactful communication
- Energy and enthusiasm for expressing the value of diverse cultures, fostering empathy, and improving organizations in the areas of access and representation.
- Knowledge and experience with office software and ability to learn custom systems
- Ability to handle multiple priorities without direct supervision
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
This is a 100% full-time Academic Professional position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience.