Job Type: Permanent
Salary Details: $76,772.80 – $112,860.80 Annually
Are you seeking a career that not only fuels your passion for the great outdoors but also leaves a lasting impact on your community? Look no further! We invite you to consider applying for the exciting opportunity at Lane County Parks, where your love for nature and dedication to enriching lives will converge to create something truly extraordinary.
At Lane County Parks, we are the proud stewards of the region’s most breathtaking natural areas, encompassing over 4,300 acres of parks and open spaces. As we strive to provide year-round recreation, we extend an invitation to millions of visitors and residents to explore the abundant trails, scenic ocean beaches, iconic covered bridges, and serene lakes and rivers that await discovery.
Imagine contributing to an organization that leaves a lasting impression on families, adventurers, and nature enthusiasts alike! As a member of our team, you will play a pivotal role in hosting over three million visitors annually across 68 recreational sites. Whether it’s facilitating memorable camping experiences, supporting angling adventures, or curating picturesque spots for picnics and play, your contributions will shape the way people connect with nature.
Beyond the joy of fostering unforgettable moments, this role offers the perfect setting to nurture your personal and professional growth. With an unwavering commitment to your well-being and career success, Lane County Parks encourages your development, allowing you to flourish both personally and professionally.
Join us in a collective pursuit of excellence, where your efforts will directly contribute to the preservation of natural treasures and the creation of cherished memories for generations to come. So, if you’re a passionate advocate for the outdoors, and you long to make a positive impact in a thriving community, we encourage you to take the first step in this incredible journey by applying to our job posting today!
About the Division
Lane County Parks has over 4,000 acres of rich natural, recreational, and cultural assets. Parks recognizes the value in collaboration and strategic planning. Parks staff, partner agencies, and volunteer groups work together to sustain the diverse features of our parks and to provide opportunities for the public to enjoy them far into the future.
Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm
*This is a non-represented position*
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Facilities and maintenance Management, Recreation Management, Parks & Recreation, Public Administration.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience related to area assigned, such as Facility Management preferably in Parks & Recreation or a similar field, including supervisory experience.
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Oregon Driver’s License.
- Incumbent must pass a criminal offender record check.
- Supervisory practices and procedures.
- State and federal laws governing park operations.
- Materials, methods, equipment, and techniques used in the construction, operation, and maintenance of public facilities, parks and greenways.
- Asset management including fleet and equipment.
- Municipal domestic water and sewer systems.
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions, in particular the safe use of vehicles, tools, equipment, and materials required to perform duties, and the safe and responsible use and application of herbicides and pesticides.
- Department of Public Safety Standards & Training.
- Procurement and budgeting procedures and requirements.
- Principles of leadership, supervision, training, and performance management.
- Equitable & inclusive cultural practices in parks and recreation.
- Collective bargaining agreements.
- Laws, regulations, and ordinances related to job duties and responsibilities.
Daily Operations May Include:
- Supervision of Park Maintenance staff by interviewing, hiring, training, assigning work duties, and evaluating the performance of incumbents.
- Estimates materials, manpower, equipment, time, revenue, capital outlay, and costs required to support operations.
- Develops operating plans and schedules for year-round operations including preventative and routine maintenance schedules, construction projects, and special events.
- Maintains inventory of park system infrastructure and equipment and oversees the condition of those assets for repairs or replacement prior to the end of lifecycle of each asset.
- Compiles, prepares, and oversees the preparation and maintenance of records and reports which may include financial records and reports, incident reports, expense reports and a variety of other reports as required.
- Inspects facilities and audits operating procedures to identify potential hazards and ensure conformance with established policies and recommends corrective action to eliminate or mitigate potential hazards.
- Provides leadership and direction project management which includes planning, project design, construction oversight, and procurement.
- Manages and supervises staff engaged in the administration and/or management of capital improvement projects; identifies and prioritizes workload planning.
- Participates as part of a planning team to develop or expand programs and facilities, alter procedures, identify revenue sources, and determine cost recovery.
- Monitors operation of facilities and programs to align with division goals which includes evaluating facilities for current accessibility and safety laws, codes, and/or standards.
- Manages and maintains a positive working relationship with park employees concerning the management and preservation of the cultural, historical, and natural resources within parks & open spaces.
- Actively participates and supports an inclusive process for diversity within the workplace, staff development, fostering cooperation and teamwork, and supporting constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Communicates effectively and on a recurring basis with volunteer and stakeholder groups directly related to the park, at times dealing with controversial matters requiring negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Attends and participates in public meetings, training sessions, public events, and represents County staff on the Parks Advisory Committee.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: Parks Superintendent Job Posting