Salary: $2,695.00 – $3,537.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County – Other, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Closing Date: 8/29/2023 5:00 PM Pacific
We are a busy yet fun team at Riverside State Park! You will help in the day-to-day duties with Bowl and Pitcher and Equestrian campgrounds, our Off-Road Vehicle Park, and several other day use areas that are open year-round which includes snow plowing and snow removal in the winter months. If you are an energetic and self-driven person, this is the position for you.
Under the supervision of the Park Ranger 2, this position assists and contributes to all aspects of Park’s operations. The Park Aide will perform a variety of tasks to include anything from registering campers and collecting camp fees, to cleaning facilities, mowing lawns, or explaining park rules.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains park facilities through light routine maintenance and janitorial services.
- Performs grounds maintenance work, such as cutting grass, weeding flower beds, pruning shrubs, raking leaves, and picking up litter.
- Maintains park lawns using a mower, weed eater, trimmer, and various maintenance tools.
- Registers campers, collect, sort and count revenue; prepare bank transmittals and deposits.
- Performs daily garbage collection and litter control.
- Cleans restrooms and stock cleaning supplies.
- Cleans rental properties and perform general housekeeping duties including washing windows, scrubbing floors, mopping, and sweeping.
- Drives light truck or other state vehicle to transport supplies and equipment within the park area; haul refuse and garbage.
- Provides park information to visitors and answer phones.
- Must be a minimum of 17 years old.
- Possess a valid (unrestricted) driver’s license. – If your DL is out of state (other than WA State), you will be required to show proof of a valid and current unrestricted driver’s license at the time of the interview.
- First aid and CPR certified.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
Ability to learn and interpret park rules, area information, and local history and educate park visitors.
Ability to manage multiple projects and maintain organization, communication, and a reasonable completion time and quality.
Ability to operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, and small equipment.
Ability to perform general maintenance to park buildings and facilities.
Ability to perform janitorial services, including the use of chemicals.
Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time.
Ability to work in all weather conditions.
Ability to work Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
Ability to learn about equipment servicing, diagnosing, and maintenance.
All permanent Park Aides are required to wear a uniform. A complete and properly worn uniform helps establish the professional identity of a Park Aide and promotes respect as a Washington State Parks employee. All non-permanent Park Aides will receive 2 shirts, 1 baseball cap, and a clothing stipend of $75.00 per calendar year. Some positions may qualify for a $150 clothing stipend depending on the length of the position. Clothing stipends are intended to offset the cost of clothing worn in the workplace such as pants, boots, raingear, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
To ensure consideration, please complete the online job application and profile at www.careers.wa.gov and attach or embed in your application the following:
- Three professional references, if not completed in the application process.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/4155581/park-aide-riverside-state-park-permanent