Salary: $57,652.56 – $70,243.92 Annually
Location: Mason County, WA
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 202300036
Department: CENTRAL OPERATIONS
Opening Date: 06/29/2023
Closing Date: Continuous
Under general supervision, provides Tier -1 technical support functions for Mason County computer system users; troubleshoots and resolves problems and maintains County computer systems, PC workstations, and peripherals. Process work orders and performs a variety of general office duties. This is a basic level IS Help Desk job, working under general supervision, incumbents have a fundamental knowledge of technical protocols, policies and procedures, and are granted greater levels of independence as further experience is gained.
Examples of Duties
- Build, install, maintain and troubleshoot PC workstations countywide with some assistance. Daily work requires a detailed understanding PC’s including hardware and application software.
- Interviews user to collect information about technology problems and technical issues, and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Determines whether user problem is caused by hardware, software or operator problems.
- Defines problems, researches and isolates error sources, implements technical solutions to resolve user problems within scope of authority and training.
- Refers complex problems which are beyond the skills of the Help Desk to a IS senior technical staff, and tracks the problem until it has been resolved.
- Documents work completed and maintains departmental records; notifies manager and other technicians of unusual problems or problem trends in order to facilitate continued improvement of client services.
- Identifies technical problems which need to be addressed by improved policies and procedures.
- Maintains and enforces all aspects of security and confidentiality of records and information.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- PC including hardware configuration and software
- Information Services operations, policies, and procedures
- Hardware, software and peripheral equipment troubleshooting techniques
- Networked computer system environments and peripheral device capabilities
- Work with a diverse group of system users with large differences in experience and skill level to assessing customer support needs, and implementing effective solutions
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Work as a member of a service oriented team, including flexible hours as required to support various County operations
- Work effectively and professionally with some supervision
- Diagnosing and resolving technical problems in a network environment
- Solving technical problems involving integrated operating systems and hardware platforms
- Using basic tools, equipment and procedures for repairing computers and peripheral devices
- Trouble shoots computer PC hardware with some assistance
- Install and configure current PC operating system software and application software with some assistance
- Install and configure networked PC client software with some assistance
- Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information
- Coordinate and implement loss control training programs
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provide the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities, required to perform the job. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
High School diploma or G.E.D. and a minimum of 1 year experience or two (2) years formal education in Computer Science, Programming or related technical fields, or completion of an equivalent of two (2) years of accredited vocational training program in Computer Sciences, Programming or related technical field.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- A+ Computer Certification and Fundamental Level Azure Certification required within 6 months of hire
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Maintenance of current skills and additional training as needed
Duties are primarily performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer. Installation and troubleshooting may involve crawling or climbing in utility areas. Occasionally the Help Desk Technician will be required moving or lifting supplies and equipment of up to 40 pounds. Required to sit, talk, and hear; frequently required to use hands to: finger, feel or handle writing utensils, computers and office supplies which require repetitive arm, wrist and hand movement. Occasionally required to stand and reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or crawl. Specific vision abilities include close, distant, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and to adjust focus. Position requires mental acuity to ensure thorough analysis of situations in a fast-paced environment. Employee has trusted access to the County network and communication systems and is required to maintain confidentiality of information. The employee may be required to deal with irate, disgruntled and sometimes hostile individuals requiring the use of conflict management skills. Employee is frequently required to perform work in confidence and under pressure for deadlines, and is required to maintain professional composure and tact, patience and courtesy at all times.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/masoncountywa/jobs/4102785/information-services-tech