Job Type: Permanent
Salary Details: $50,000
Department/Division: Office of the President
Status: Regular Full-Time, Salaried (Exempt)
Reports To: Chief of External Affairs
Schedule/Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday, flexible; typical ACE core business hours are 9:00-5:00pm with some adjustment expected to accommodate specific projects and program needs. Some evening and weekend hours may be occasionally required
Travel: Up to 15%. Minimal regional/national travel required to funder and project locations, conferences, and meetings.
Description: American Conservation Experience (ACE) is a dynamic non-profit organization dedicated to providing rewarding service opportunities to over 1,500 members (youth and young adults) each year, and does so with a skilled staff of approximately 150 employees across the U.S. ACE has a national reputation for providing professional development opportunities on a variety of conservation projects for the U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and numerous state and local land management partners, either with crew based work or with individually placed interns.
Program Summary: The Grants and Development Specialist is a fundraising position reporting directly to the Grants and Agreements Director while working closely with the CEO, Public Grants Manager and other ACE team members to achieve annual and long-term fundraising goals. This is a new position with ample opportunity for growth. As an organization, ACE relies on grants received from national and local foundations to expand opportunities for our staff and members, as well as to enhance our capacity to maintain our prominent position in the conservation corps arena. We are currently seeking a Grants and Development Specialist who will play a crucial role in this endeavor. In this position, you will be responsible for actively identifying new grant prospects at both the local and national levels. Your key responsibilities will include crafting compelling proposals and preparing impactful reports to showcase the achievements and outcomes of our programs, all with the aim of achieving ambitious revenue growth objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and managing a dynamic foundation grant pipeline through research of opportunities that align with ACE priorities
- Develop high-quality grant proposals, submit applications and supporting documents in a detail- oriented, organized, and deadline-driven manner
- Coordinate across ACE to collect data, cultivate meaningful stewardship of funders, and comply with reporting requirements for funds received.
- Meet key deadlines for LOIs, proposals and reports
- Manage grant-related administrative processes including (but not limited to) communicating new grants to appropriate ACE team members
- Manage ACE Foundation database
- Cultivate foundation relationships through timely impact reports and regular touchpoints
- Manage grant portfolio
- Create a thriving culture and atmosphere that positions ACE for success, while guaranteeing that our organization is the favored program for our partners, members, and staff
- Responsibilities and tasks outlined are not exhaustive and may change as determined by ACE
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of professional writing and correspondence experience. Background in working with foundations preferred.
- Ability to independently research new opportunities, foundation alignment, and identify prospects that align with ACE mission and vision
- Excellent written, oral communications and interpersonal skills; ability to listen and assess the interests of various audiences and communicate ideas in person or in writing in a clear and articulate manner to compel individuals to action
- Ability to exercise good judgment, demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to fund development activities and to use discretion in interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers, and others
- Previous experience with fundraising or project management software programs, including Instrumentl, Little Green Light, Foundation Center, etc.
- Previous experience working in a team setting, preferably in the nonprofit field
- Must be flexible and eager to engage the highly mobile and largely remote teams that make up ACE
- Effective time management skills, and the ability/desire to concurrently perform multiple deadline-driven tasks
- Ability to work remotely and independently with minimal supervision
- Commitment to ACE’s mission of public service through youth development and volunteerism
- Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- A deep and continuing interest in the welfare and professional development of
- ACE participants
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record
- Proficient in English
- Ability to pass a federal criminal background check
- Willing to abide by ACE Policy and Federal Drug Free workplace policies and laws. ACE reserves the right to drug test at any time
Physical Demands, Work Environmental and Working Conditions:
- Physical Demands: Requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, using hands to handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms, talks and hears. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard/mouse and other office equipment.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb stairs, and/or crouch (all physical demands are required with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Vision Requirements: Requires close, distance, peripheral and depth perception vision as well as the ability to focus
- Weight Lifted or Force Exerted: Frequently moves up to 10 lbs., occasionally moves up to 25 lbs
- Environmental: Mainly indoor, office environment conditions; indoor air quality is good and temperature is controlled
- Noise Environment: Moderate noise such as in a business office with equipment and light traffic
- Travel: This position requires domestic travel up to 15%.
Please submit a resume, one-page cover letter and contact for three professional/academic references to the application link. Qualified applicants will be contacted by email to arrange an interview. Applicants must follow all application instructions in order to be considered for this opportunity. This position may close at any time.