Job Type: Permanent
Salary Details: The starting compensation range is $30,000-$39,000 and depends on location, relevant experience, education, and fundraising performance.
Deadline: Jul 21, 2023
Donor Development Associate
We’re expanding our development team and aim to hire four regional development associates. We’re looking for highly qualified, driven and passionate candidates to spearhead fundraising efforts for our environmental and public interest programs. You will fundraise and build support for some of our country’s most pressing issues – tackling climate change, moving beyond single-use plastics, banning bee-killing pesticides, and more.
As a Donor Development Associate you’ll be part of a team that is building people power by deepening the financial and political support of our members. Our Donor Associates are responsible for developing a plan and outreach strategy to broaden the base of support for many of our partner groups including Environment America and PIRG.
- Implement a monthly strategy of writing, calling and holding one-on-one meetings with current members and prospective donors to ask them to deepen their financial support.
- Identify house party hosts, and in some cases, plan and implement events.
- Meet specific weekly and monthly fundraising performance benchmarks related to annual organizational fundraising goals, typically visiting with about 40 members per month.
- Follow up on outstanding pledges.
- Keep in touch with donors throughout the year, creating and sending at least six personalized updates.
- Engage donors in program and organizational work, such as events or campaign actions.
- Develop and implement customized cultivation strategies for top donors.
- Work with program staff to craft compelling campaign stories.
- Relay the feedback of members you meet with back to program staff.
- Implement daily, weekly and monthly systems for tracking income and expenses.
- Implement required legal disclosures.
- Maintain excellent notes on all contacts with and information about members and donors.
Donor Development Associates participate in an intensive, paid training program for the first week of the job, which is immediately followed by the first 1-month fundraising cycle. All associates take part in additional state, regional and national trainings and meetings throughout the year. There are opportunities for travel and advancement.
We are looking for smart and motivated candidates who believe in and love fundraising and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Candidates must demonstrate a track record of being able to effectively work independently. Previous fundraising experience required.
Portland, OR; New Brunswick, NJ; Chicago, IL; Seattle, WA; and more.
Fund for the Public Interest is guided by our vision of a better world, a strategic approach to social change, and our core values. Visit our website for things you should know about our organization when you apply.