Job Type: Permanent
Salary Details: $20-22/hr
Deadline: Jul 17, 2023
Desired start date: August 28, 2023 (with flexibility)
The Upper Willamette Stewardship Network (UWSN) & Middle Fork Willamette Watershed Council (MFWWC) seek a compassionate, skilled, dynamic individual to join our team as the Community Engagement Coordinator. This position will play a key role in collaboratively developing strategies for communication and outreach for large scale initiatives with partner organizations in the UWSN. We understand the essential role that effective communication plays in collaboration and the importance of cultivating community, shared purpose, relationships, and trust. This position exercises strong judgment and professional experience in planning and implementing communications strategy for an array of Network initiatives including: Urban Waters & Wildlife Partnership, UWSN, and MFWWC. The Community Engagement Coordinator will work with Directors and program staff to build relationships within the Upper Willamette region and within UWSN organizations through thoughtful & timely communication and clear information related to Network initiatives and issues. This dynamic and collaborative position is based at the MFWWC in Springfield, Oregon and will include travel within the Upper Willamette Basin.
- Collaboration to develop quality and inclusive communication materials, both written and visual
- Coordination across multiple organizations and stakeholder groups, including local government and nongovernmental organizations
- Integrate into projects a personal and/or professional commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including exploration of power and privilege. Bring a willingness to self-reflect and experience discomfort in collaborative and transformative conversations
- Strategic planning and execution of projects across short and long timelines.
Middle Fork Willamette Watershed Council – 20%
Implement communication strategies to support the MFWWC’s Regional Education and Restoration Programs, lead newsletter development and support council events
Upper Willamette Stewardship Network – 40%
Lead and facilitate the UWSN Outreach and Communications Project team; develop a community building and communications strategy; create & coordinate a quarterly newsletter and shared partner events calendar; plan meetings, trainings, and events; other activities to support our regional community of conservation professionals
Urban Waters & Wildlife Partnership – 40%
Lead shared UWWP communications strategy, website and materials development, and other outreach and community engagement activities with local partners and businesses
- Previous experience as a communication professional developing and executing marketing campaigns and communications strategies (including gathering information, writing and producing materials, presenting information to the public, and facilitating effective communication)
- Excellent communication, writing, and copy-editing skills
- Demonstrated success in digital and multimedia storytelling and ability to engage and capture the attention of a variety of specific, target audiences
- Experience leading and working collaboratively in diverse teams
- Professional training or life experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion. Demonstrated experience with and commitment to working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Familiarity with media applications and web-based tools such as Canva, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Google Suite, and Dropbox and an ability to learn and integrate new technologies and platforms for storytelling
- Valid Oregon driver’s license, reliable personal transportation (work-related travel reimbursed), and willingness to occasionally work early mornings, evenings, and weekends
Please submit a cover letter and resume in pdf format to Executive Director Dov Weinman at firstname.lastname@example.org. All emails and application materials should have “Community Engagement Coordinator – applicant last name” in the subject line.
The first review of applications will begin on July 17th. A first round of virtual interviews for qualified candidates will take place during the weeks of July 17th and July 24th and may extend into August. Our hiring team may request references or a second round of interviews as needed. We strive for equitable hiring practices, including using the same rating system and interview questions for all candidates, providing interview questions in advance, and considering a wide range of experiences to meet qualifications.