Salary range: $40,000 – $45,000
Open until filled – applications will be reviewed starting April 17, 2023.
Capitol Land Trust (CLT) is seeking a full-time Data and Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support, data analytics and measurement, and research to support fundraising and communication operations of the organization.
This position will improve and support the organizational and financial sustainability of Capitol Land Trust. The candidate who fills this role will be an integral part of the organization and team. By focusing on data, analytics, and administrative tasks this position helps free up other staff to be able to meet with members, collect communication content and make strategic decisions. This role positively impacts our collective ability to raise the goodwill of the organization, report on our growing impact in the community, and sustain and raise more funds to support our mission.
Capitol Land Trust is seeking a team-oriented candidate who has a database mindset, pays attention to details, and can make connections between people and systems. The candidate for this role does not need to know the basics of fundraising, communications, or land conservation at the onset, but they should have an interest in and willingness to learn about them in order to do the job effectively. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys manipulating data to learn insights that will affect positive change. The right candidate will have experience working with data as well as providing administrative or customer support.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage donor database, Little Green Light, to keep it up to date and to assure the integrity of donor data.
• Manage Little Green Light’s integration with stewardship software, Landscape, and other software systems such as Mailchimp.
• Understand how data is used by staff, board, and volunteers in order to support the organization’s efforts to make data-driven decisions.
• Create and manage systems and processes for gathering and analyzing development and communications data.
• Log and measure communication outputs, outtakes, and outcomes.
• Research and procure survey tools, conduct surveys, and analyze results.
• Establish sentiment baseline and measure trends across stakeholder segments.
• Produce reports and interpret findings to guide greater communication and fundraising effectiveness.
• Provide administration support for donor stewardship activities such as preparing and sending mailings, answering phone and emails, scheduling meetings, and helping staff stay on top of tasks.
• Support implementation of the organization’s development plan for both operating and capital fundraising.
• Process donations, manage credit card processing and bank deposits.
• Ensure thank you notes and receipts go out to donors on time.
• Research donors and prospective donors for their history, networks, and capacity.
• Assist staff and volunteers with their use of Little Green Light.
• Work collaboratively with the communications team to secure resources for donor communications.
• Support event logistics.
• Assemble and disseminate Board materials in preparation for board meetings and support board members’ administrative needs.
• Engage in other duties as assigned.
• Strong data management and administrative skills and/or demonstrated to be highly detail orientated and organized.
• Comfortable working with customer relations databases and Excel to accurately record information and create reports to track progress toward goals.
• A strong desire to be a part of and support Capitol Land Trust’s community to achieve our goals and mission.
• Ability to work independently and be self-directed, while also working collaboratively and effectively as part of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive, creative, and strategic, while working independently.
• Desire and ability to learn new skills.
• Excellent and professional interpersonal skills in person, by phone, and by email.
• Ability to take initiative and identify opportunities to improve systems and processes.
• Ability to anticipate project needs, set priorities, and manage many overlapping priorities.
• Ability to solve problems quickly while under pressure.
• Nonprofit fundraising experience preferred but not required.
• Relevant work experience or education – may include development, communications, customer- entered sales, data or project management, volunteer coordination, or administrative work.
• Willingness to work evenings/weekends occasionally for an event.
• Commitment to the principles of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Be familiar with and adhere to Capitol Land Trust’s policies and procedures and foster a work environment characterized by integrity, collaboration, listening and continuous improvement.
Capitol Land Trust offers a comprehensive benefits package and a supportive and positive work environment with opportunities for professional development. The benefits package includes paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave. Capitol Land Trust pays 100% of health, vision, and dental insurance for full-time employees (not available for dependents) and contributes to a retirement plan. We value work/life balance. The current work environment includes a hybrid work model of working from home and working from the office while also accommodating a flexible schedule. This is an equal opportunity, full-time position located in the greater Olympia, WA area.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND PROCESS
For consideration, please email a cover letter and resume with relevant experience as a single pdf to Alison Beglin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Data and Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed starting April 17, 2023. The position is open until filled.
Applications will be reviewed for consideration and then if relevant, applicants will be emailed in order to schedule a 1-hour interview with two to three interviewers from Capitol Land Trust. If necessary, a second 30-minute interview will be scheduled. Capitol Land Trust will work with applicants to find an interview time and method (in-person or online) that works best for all. Interview questions will be provided prior to the interview.
For more information and to apply: https://capitollandtrust.org/careers/