Metro Parks Tacoma (MPT) is a CAPRA-accredited and AZA-accredited, independent park district that leads efforts to build a healthy, sustainable community. Metro Parks Tacoma is located in Tacoma, Washington. The system is comprised of many different park facilities that offer residents a variety of recreational opportunities. From waterfront access to local neighborhood parks to large regional facilities and attractions, the MPT system is both a local community asset and regional destination.
OUR CORE VALUES
These eight core values will guide future decisions, business and operations, and the manner in which MPT treats staff, customers and the community:
•Innovation •Excellence •Equity •Inclusiveness •Sustainability •Accountability •Safety •Fun
Plan, develop, promote and coordinate assigned recreational and leisure programs, activities, and administrative functions.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Observe applicable safety requirements, use safety equipment provided, implement appropriate safety practices at all times and report immediately any unsafe working conditions or hazards.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide general and specific information to visitors; promote and sell Community Center memberships, rentals, programs and activities; provide room preparation for programs and rentals; perform a variety of clerical support; greet customers; ensure customers feel at home at Community Centers. Take computerized, in person and phone registration; assist customers using self-registration kiosk. Open and close facility. Collect and count money and make change. Reconcile till to cash receipt and prepare monies for bank deposits and weekly revenue reports. Perform general clerical duties for center and program staff. Provide information, receive and process requests and complaints and route individuals as appropriate. Be able to adapt as necessary to work with people of all ages, abilities, backgrounds, and interests. Customer service positions may also host and monitor rentals including provide customer support and enforcement of rental rules. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be customer service oriented with a positive and cheerful attitude.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the general public and fellow staff.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, to include weekends, evenings and holidays, and fill in at different locations when needed.
- Ability to perform a variety of responsible clerical duties.
- Multi lingual skills desirable (i.e. Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian, Korean, Vietnamese, American Sign and/or Cambodian.)
HOURS: Up to 20 hours per week.
Indoor and outdoor environment.
Adverse weather conditions in winter and summer
Noise, dust, pollen and insects.
Day, night and weekend hours.
Sight to prepare written or typed recreational and leisure program material and monitor activities.
Hearing and speaking to conduct program and exchange information.
Walking over rough or uneven surfaces during field trips.
Ability to lift at least 40 lbs to shoulder height.
Ability to assist individuals with mobility limitations including, but not limited, in and out of vehicles and up and down stairs.
Possible contact with dissatisfied or abusive individuals.
METRO PARKS TACOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation, disability or any other merit factor. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
MPT employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
MPT is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource (253) 305-1089 or email@example.com.
Employment is subject to a national background check.
This position is an at-will position with no written or implied contractual agreement.