Metro Parks Tacoma (MPT) is a CAPRA-accredited and AZA-accredited, independent park district that leads efforts to build a healthy, sustainable community. Metro Parks Tacoma is located in Tacoma, Washington. The system is comprised of many different park facilities that offer residents a variety of recreational opportunities. From waterfront access to local neighborhood parks to large regional facilities and attractions, the MPT system is both a local community asset and regional destination.
OUR CORE VALUES
These eight core values will guide future decisions, business and operations, and the manner in which MPT treats staff, customers and the community:
•Innovation •Excellence •Equity •Inclusiveness •Sustainability •Accountability •Safety •Fun
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, this position is responsible for the welcoming and well-being of facility visitors.
As the Community Center Ambassador, this position represents the center in developing meaningful relationships with our members, community members, and facility user. The Community Center Ambassador plays a vital role in helping MPT cultivate deep relationships with those that call our center home. In addition, this position’s connections with facility users help provide critical feedback to inform our community’s center services.
- Welcome and check-in facility pass holders and visitors, including conducting COVID screenings as necessary
- ·Provide instruction to non-pass holder teens to read, agree to and sign code of conduct for facility use and where to sign-in.
- ·Establish and maintain quality relationships (including knowledge of name and frequency of facility use) with pass holders and visitors.
- ·Assist Customer Service and Fitness staff in providing service to pass holders and visitors.
- Models MPT values and our centers’ expectations throughout the lobby, fitness, gymnasium, and other common areas of the facility to help inform positive expectations in our customer’s behavior.
- Provide support to youth in proper usage of equipment through orientations.
- Responds to inquiries from community members and other interested parties; when needed, recruits a knowledgeable spokesperson or information source to assist.
- Compile and organize membership feedback, which will help inform our center’s practices and advances MPT’s mission, goals, and pillars (values).
- Provide information and enforcement on COVID requirements.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds. (Some heavy lifting may be required).
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively and resolve challenging situations in a professional manner.
• Ability to write reports clearly and effectively.
• Able to work a flexible schedule that varies as needed for booked rentals.
Up to 20 hours per week
Various facility sites.
Sight to read and prepare records and reports.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate office equipment.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
Sitting for extended periods of time.
Lifting and carrying boxes and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Contact with dissatisfied or abusive individuals
METRO PARKS TACOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation, disability or any other merit factor. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
MPT employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
MPT is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource (253) 305-1089 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment is subject to a national background check.
This position is an at-will position with no written or implied contractual agreement.