Salary: $45,852.00 – $61,632.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Remote Employment: Flexible/Hybrid
Job Number: 2023-5-7404-07186
Department: Dept. of Natural Resources
Opening Date: 05/30/2023
Closing Date: 6/11/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
The successful applicant(s) anticipated start date is expected to be July 1, 2023
Do you yearn to change initiatives? Do you focus on prioritization and delivering business value?
Bring your can-do attitude along with your business transformations skills to continue the success of DNR’s Procurement of Goods & Services (PGS) Team, located within the Office of Legal Affairs & Business Practices (OLABP) and be apart of the day-to-day business administration & operational guidance, oversight and service delivery to division, region and administrative offices across the agency when procuring goods, contracting for services, and implementing the Department of Enterprise Services (DES) Commercial Card Services contract as it relates to our agency One Card Program.
Our energetic group is in the process of fundamentally changing the systems, processes, people and technology across our entire business and business unit, to achieve measurable improvements in efficiency, effectiveness and stakeholder satisfaction. Our team is a critical element in the delivery of specific programmatic objectives agencywide through the administration, facilitation, and management of contracts and agreements with external partners. Our team is repsonisible for providing a framework to lead the agency in the procurement of goods and services and manange the One Card Program. Our vision is to work collaboratively with our stakeholders to create, improve and comply administrative business processes as it relates to the procurement of goods & services and implementation of our One Card Program.
This position reports directly to the Assistant Contracts & Procurement Administrator – Procurement of Goods, working within the Office of Legal Affairs & Business Practices (OLABP), Procurement of Goods and Services (PGS) Team.
This position is responsible for day-to-day duties associated with routine contract administration and compliance including but not limited to assisting contracts and procurement program staff with:
- Guiding staff on use of DES Statewide Contracts;
- Assisting contracts and procurement program staff with:
Drafting agency-wide ‘routine’ invitations for bid (IFB), requests for proposals (RFP), requests for qualifications and quotes (RFQQ), and other related procurement templates are up to date with the most current laws, regulations, and policy/procedures;
Proposing applicable policy/procure changes;
- Recommending and/or developing agency-wide guidance and processes;
- Obtaining approval to deviate from regulations, policy/procedures;
- DNR’s contracts database management;
- Researching and drafting of contract terms/conditions to utilize in solicitation and contract templates;
- identifying areas of non-compliance requiring correction;
- Developing contract specifications, terms, pricing, and bid invitations;
- Contract negotiations;
- Reviewing draft contracts to ensure compliance with laws, policy, and standard business practices;
- Reviewing contract performance; and
- Improving processes.
- Posting solicitations in Washington’s Electronic Business Solution (WEBS) as requested;
- Researching and drafting of contract terms/conditions to utilize in contract templates;
- Developing and maintaining expenditure and financial status reports for compliance with procurement law;
- Coordinating contracts fiscal information with contracts and procurement program staff;
- Reviewing claims for conformance with terms of contracts; Completing electronic scanning of paper contracts currently filed within the Office of Finance, Budget and Economics;
- Entering electronic copies of received contracts into the agency contracts database;
- Preparing and submitting agency original documentation to the Title and Records Office;
- Ensuring contract records are submitted to the Title and Records Office for maintenance of contact files according to public records requirements.
- Assigning numbers for solicitation and contracting of good/services;
- Reviewing contract audit/compliance reports;
- Assisting with the maintenance of the contracts email box;
- assisting with the maintenance of the procurement email box;
- Assigning and tracking procurement and contracts management training in the Learning System as required; and
- Performing miscellaneous procurement and contract administration and compliance functions.
- Guiding staff on use of DES Statewide Contracts, DES Policy and Washington State Procurement Law RCW 39.26;
- Assisting with developing and maintaining agency-wide contract implementation as it relates to the DES Statewide Contract – Commercial Card Services (i.e. one card program) implementation policies/procedures, guidance and other materials as needed
- Assisting with the development and/or implementation of training users on how to use the DES Statewide Contract – Commercial Card Services as needed;
- Ensuring control, accountability, and compliance while operating the DNR’s One Card Help Desk related to the DES Statewide Contract – Commercial Card Services;
Serving as an Agency Program Administrator via implementation of the DES Statewide Contract – Commercial Card Services and responsible for the day-to-day operations, control and accountability processes, and work flows associated and establishing the necessary policies/procedures to ensure that appointing authorities, approving officials, and agency authorized administrators comply with the DES Statewide Contract and associated laws, contracts, and policy/procedures overseeing the one card program;
- Performing statewide customer service responsibilities for approximately 800 DNR one cards meeting the programmatic needs of the agency and within the constraints of the DES Statewide Contract – Commercial Card Services (one card program)
- Advises agency users to ensure state resources are being expended according to appropriate laws and requirements
- Working with assigned cardholder to ensure state resources are being expended according to appropriate laws and requirements
- A bachelor’s degree involving a major study in business administration, public administration, business law, commerce, economics, mathematics, statistics, or closely related field AND
One year of experience in negotiating, administering, or terminating contracts, contract property management, contract cost, or price analysis, or contract compliance administration OR
A combination of education AND/OR experience equivalent OR
A law degree from accredited college or university approved by the Washington State Bar Association.
- Experience with state and federal laws and regulations governing contracts and agreements, contracts principles, theory and application, contracts terminology and development
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- DNR Core Competencies:
- Personal Accountability
- Value Others
- Compassionate Communication
- Inspire Others
- Commitment to Excellence
Special Requirements and Conditions of Employment:
- Work is primarily indoors but may require travel to DNR facilities and managed land
- Ability to write clearly and effectively; interpret contract terms, requirements and conditions; represent the agency in coordination and negotiation with other governmental agencies and private industry, recognize desirable contract terms and provisions, identify areas and incidents of non-compliance with existing contracts,
- Demonstrate positive customer service skills
- To be considered you must apply online at www.careers.wa.gov. You must complete the entire online application to be considered for the position.
- Attach a letter of interest describing how your experience and qualifications relate to the position profile and the position required, desired and special requirements.
- Attach a resume describing your experience and qualifications.
- Provide three to five professional references – you may attach a document, use the References text field in the online application, or include with resume.
- Important: Do not attach any documents that include photos or private information (social security number, year of birth, etc.).
- Complete all supplemental questions.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/4061271/contracts-procurement-specialist-cs1