Salary: $63,544.00 – $77,937.60 Annually
Location: Mason County, WA
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 202300034
Department: PUBLIC WORKS
Opening Date: 06/21/2023
Closing Date: 7/21/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
This classification is primarily responsible for the operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment plants, collection systems, drinking water facilities, and water distribution systems of the County to ensure quality operations of wastewater and drinking water systems for the citizens.
Examples of Duties
- Regular, reliable, and punctual attendance.
- Monitor the wastewater plant processes and water system quality.
- Perform laboratory testing and analysis to ensure compliance with established regulations.
- Troubleshoot problems and maintain system machinery and equipment in accordance with established O&M requirements and for emergency repairs.
- Respond to customer complaints and questions.
- Perform collection system and distribution system responsibilities.
- Perform new construction utility hook ups and locate underground utilities.
- Attend appropriate training relevant to water, wastewater, and sludge as required to keep licenses active and abreast of new laws and technologies.
- Maintain records and logs as required.
- Maintain grounds and buildings.
High School Diploma or GED
Incumbents are required to have and maintain a good driving record while employed by the County.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid Washington Driver’s License
Group II Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certification by Washington Department of Ecology
Water Distribution Manager 1 Certification by the Washington Department of Health Drinking Water Program
Wastewater Collection Specialist I certification by the Washington Wastewater Collection Personnel Association
First Aid/CPR Certification
Confined Space Training Certification
Preferred – Valid WA State CDL with tanker endorsement
Group II Wastewater Operator Certification Program requires 3 years of domestic wastewater treatment plant operating experience, up to half (one year and six months) can be substituted with relevant experience or education.
The Water Distribution Manager 1 certification requires One (1) year of operating experience at a water system.
A Wastewater Collection Specialist I (WWC-1) certification requires 12 months of experience in a wastewater system.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/masoncountywa/jobs/4092195/combined-sewer-and-water-operator-ii