Job Type: Paid Internship
Salary Details: $20.00-$25.00/hr
Deadline: Mar 13, 2023
Two positions, one working out of Waterton Canyon and the other at Gross Reservoir.
Full Time – 40 hours per week
Friday – Monday (includes weekends)
7:30 am – 5:30 pm – (Four 10-hour days)
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.5 million people in the City of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets, and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
The Recreation Section is responsible for recreation activities for operating and non-operating property, including leases, agreements, and studies. This section provides oversight to recreation contracts as well as providing active recreation management at several sites.
Internship Project Description
This intern will join the Administrative Services division and will:
- Assist with the maintenance duties of the facility
- Operate hand and light power tools to perform landscape maintenance
- Provide public interface experience.
- Assist with monitoring and patrolling Denver Water’s recreational facilities.
- Assist with various Recreation projects taking place at Denver Water Facilities which include data collection and analysis.
Waterton Canyon Intern Project – Work with Denver Water staff to make the Taylor Eco area operational and re-open it to specified user groups.
Gross Reservoir Intern Project – Work with Denver Water staff and contractors to effectively administer trail improvements on the North Shore Trail. The primary trail that accesses Gross Reservoir on the north side of the reservoir.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities to perform this intern project:
- Ability/desire to work outdoors
- Ability to work in a team setting
- General knowledge of natural resources management
- Attention to detail
- Ability/desire to work independently
- Good communications skillls
Hiring Criteria: The position may be a paid position and/or for school credit. However, the candidate must currently be a student attending college/university or must have graduated in the last six (6) months.
- Freshman or Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate level student majoring in Recreation Management, Natural Resources Management, or a related field.
- Preferred knowledge of natural resources management
- Preferred knowledge of technology and software programs typically found in business environments.
- Current Colorado driver’s license class “R”, with a satisfactory driving record required.
- A background check including education and criminal history.
- Driving is required, we’ll also request:
- A motor vehicle background check.
- A pre-placement clinic appointment which may include a physical, drug and alcohol test, strength test, and worker’s compensation background test.
Please submit an unofficial transcript with your application.