Job Type: Temporary
Salary Details: $77/day
Deadline: Aug 27, 2021
Required Experience: 0 – 1 years
Camp Marston Program Details:
Come join Camp Marston for a season of meaningful work, lifetime friendships and amazing memories in the mountains!
Full Time – September 1st, 2021 – June 15th, 2022
WHY would I apply?
- Outdoor Work Environment!
- Housing & Food Included
- Work with Your Friends – Text them the link to this page now!
- Gain Experience working with Children & the Community
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth & Year Round Employment
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Teach Outdoor Education and/or recreation programming
- Lead activities including (but not limited to) archery, field games, and the climbing tower with good teaching and leadership skills
- Employ good teaching and leadership techniques in providing quality instruction
- Take full responsibility for the program areas of camp or assigned activity, including developing rules and procedures, ensuring adequate program supplies and maintaining or improving equipment and facilities
- Follow all rules, operating procedures, and instructions, carry and use properly the necessary equipment during activities, know and follow established emergency procedures
- Ensure the safety and supervision of students and participants
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older and have obtained high school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in education, recreation, related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Experience working with youth in Outdoor Education, Resident Camp, Day Camp or like setting preferred
- Certification or experience in the following preferred: climbing, camping, archery, hiking, biking, surfing, swimming, sailing kayaking and scuba diving
- Physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills including: standing, hiking and/or climbing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to live on-site during program season
Current certification in First Aid and CPR- must be from one of the following:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for the Program Instructor role here:
Want to know more about Camp Marston’s Outdoor Education Program, take a look: Outdoor Education at Marston | YMCA of San Diego County (ymcasd.org)