Job Type: Permanent
Salary Details: 104,000-135,200
We’re looking for a Mid-Level Water Resources Engineer who is passionate about stream restoration and fish passage programs. As a member of our Natural Resources practice, you will work with other water resources engineers and designers, as well as scientists, landscape architects, and construction experts as a part of multidisciplinary teams involved in design bid build, design build, and progressive design build projects to restore the ecosystem function of fish-bearing streams in the Puget Sound and the greater Pacific Northwest.
You must be collaborative, thorough, and well organized. Additionally, you must have good time management and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- 5-10 years’ experience in open channel design
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Washington or able to obtain within six months
- SRH-2D modeling or HEC-RAS 2D modeling experience
- Familiar with AutoCAD Civil 3D or Bentley InRoads, OpenRoads, and ArcGIS
- Strong work ethic, sense of humor, and desire for team success
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and ability to lead others as the task lead
- The ability to meet and work with diverse clients and bring in new work
To thrive in this position, you may also have these qualifications:
- Master’s degree
- WSDOT Fish Passage and Stream Restoration Design Certification
About the Role
In this position, you’ll work with a highly collaborative team to:
- Lead fieldwork to assess stream conditions, stream bed material composition, embankment stability, and lateral migration potential
- Determine riverine and tidal hydrology
- Perform hydraulic analyses and design
- Design large woody material (LWM) structures
- Evaluates LWM design stability with and without anchor systems
- Perform floodplain, floodway, zero rise, scour analysis, and other hydraulic analyses
- Support design-bid-build, design-build, and progressive design-build pursuits
- Mentor young engineers and technical staff
Location: This position can be based out of our Bellevue or Bellingham offices.
Travel: Up to 20% of the time
Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is an employee-owned consulting firm providing civil engineering, landscape architecture, and urban design on public projects across Washington state. The power of these public projects surrounds our daily lives, from the sidewalks we stroll to visit our neighborhood park, to the confidence in knowing our homes are safe from flooding when heavy rain comes. Our team develops strong foundations of trust with cities, counties, and agencies to achieve more resilient and more sustainable communities.
We have grown strategically over the last 19 years from a firm of one to a team of more than 85 motivated, hard-working, and creative individuals. Working for OCI provides you the chance to learn new skills, follow your passions, and have fun along the way!
HOW TO APPLY
Apply with your resume and cover letter online at: https://osborn.bamboohr.com/careers/138?source=aWQ9Mzc%3D.