Position: Serve as a technical specialist on evaluating and resolving sampling and analysis programs related to Department of the Army dredging/disposal permit applications for disposal at Dredged Material Management Program (DMMP) open-water disposal sites, and open-water sites in Washington.
- Implements the DMMP Evaluation Procedures as they relate to dredging/disposal in near coastal waters or on the Washington Coast.
- Serves as a technical and scientific specialist for evaluating DMMP/non-DMMP projects to ensure feasibility of design and adequacy of sampling relative to proposed dredging plans.
- Assists Regulatory Branch project managers in coordination with applicants and DMMP agencies concerning application of the DMMP sediment testing requirements for DA permit applications.
- Provides expert development of sampling plans for partial and full characterizations.
- Provides expert consultation to Operations and Maintenance project managers on the development of sampling plans.
- Reviews and approves dredging quality control plans and attends predisposal conferences.
- Represents Seattle District and DMMP agencies at public forums, including public hearings, public meetings, conferences and meetings, with a wide variety of stakeholders to resolve conflicts and establish policy and procedures
Pay Scale and Grade: GS 9-12
The Direct Hire Authority (DHA) Vacancy Announcement for the Interdisciplinary GS-0401/1301-09/11/12, located in Seattle, WA is now open on USAJOBS.
Link to Vacancy Announcement Number WTHF229577706816HW: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/678576500