Salary: $6,672.00 – $8,973.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Remote Employment: Flexible/Hybrid
Department: Dept. of Fish and Wildlife
Job Number: 2023-04895
Are you skilled working in the Microsoft Exchange Online and Azure, Active Directory environment, and Intune MDM? This position provides advanced technical support for hybrid Exchange, Azure and active directory, Intune MDM, PowerShell scripting, and M365 environment in a shared government tenant (WaTech). This position also provides administration for other Software As A Service (SaaS) solutions used by WDFW including but not limited to DocuSign and Box.
This is an opportunity to perform advanced technical support for Microsoft 365 (Teams, OneDrive, Outlook, Exchange Online, Office Suite), Power Platform for WDFW. In this dynamic role, you will assist users with their azure and active directory accounts and exchange objects. We are seeking a candidate to assist with the implementation and administration of 3rd party SaaS solutions.
Our System Administration staff,
- Provides system administration of the Shared Services Exchange Online Email System.
- Manages Active Directory and Azure Active Directory File Server File Role Bases Access Control (RBAC) system rights of folder & file security, of the enterprise file system. Analyze and troubleshoot Azure logs.
- Utilizes Microsoft Exchange Admin Center to create, manage accounts, conference/equipment rooms, message tracing, and reports.
- This position provides advanced technical support for Exchange environment, provides system administration of the Shared Services Exchange Online Email System. Data Loss Prevention Policies (DLP)
- Utilize PowerShell scripting to complete specialized request for information from the Microsoft 365 environment.
- Provides system administration of the Agency Microsoft 365 environment.
- Creates, configures, and maintains M365 environment including but not limited to, OneDrive, Teams, SharePoint site collections, back-end support, and infrastructure administration. Reviews, cleans-up, manages, and configures M365 environment, accounts, and sites.
- Configures, maintains, and manages shared services Teams accounts for the Agency.
- Troubleshoots and assists users with technical issues related to Microsoft 365. Assists customers with troubleshooting issues arising from SaaS solution usage.
- Creates guides and desk manuals for users and tech support related to 3rd party SaaS solutions.
- Designs, deploys, configures, and maintains the Mobile Device Management (MDM) software platform to include – research, development, and testing of new MDM features, configuration, and maintenance of the WDFW app catalog, setup new device configurations and policies for work groups, identify and deploy software updates to the platform, analysis, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Assists MDM Systems Administrator in devices enrollment, and surplus in accordance with State and Agency regulatory requirements at end of life.
- Troubleshoots and assists customers with technical issues of Agency issued mobile devices.
- Develops and maintains applicable configuration, security, remediation, and support standards for BYOD devices.
- Utilizes Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) platform to track and prioritize service tickets for customer support.
- Work Setting, including hazards:
- Office setting.
- May require work in small difficult to access areas.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Hours may be adjusted at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Occasional off hours’ work may be required.
- Travel Requirements:
- Travel may be required in some circumstances.
- Tools and Equipment:
- Computers, Mobile Devices, Telephones, and Cabling.
- Customer Interactions:
- Deal directly with end user support staff, WDFW employees and External Vendors.
- Provide excellent customer service.
Closely related qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-by-year basis.
- Four (4) years of experience working with Microsoft Exchange/Outlook Messaging systems.
- Two (2) years of experience working with Azure Active Directory/Active Directory Services.
- One (1) year experience working with and administrating SharePoint at least at the site level.
- Must pass basic background check and fingerprinting.
Must have an expert working knowledge of:
- Windows Workstation and Server operating systems.
- Email software and systems including Outlook, Outlook Web Access, and Exchange.
- Azure Environment.
- Workstation operating systems, Windows, Macintosh, and Mobile technologies.
- SharePoint Site and Site Collections Administration.
- Active Directory (AD).
- Mobile Device hardware and software support and consulting.
- Cloud based Mobile Device Management Applications.
- Cloud based storage solutions.
Must have the ability to:
- Adapt to changing environment and the support of multiple customers.
- Apply expert troubleshooting skills to determine the source of a problem and the appropriate corrective action.
- Provide excellent customer service, support, and answer general questions.
- Be willing to learn new things and adapt to the changing environment.
- Experience working with Enterprise Mobile Device Management (MDM) System.
- Experience working with Mobile Devices.
- Communications or Computer related Associates Degree from an accredited college.
- Basic network troubleshooting skills, knowledgeable in network security.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: WDFW requires all employees to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment. You will be required to provide proof of vaccination as part of the hiring process. Please do not upload your vaccination documentation with your application materials – your vaccination status will be verified by your supervisor before you will be allowed to work. Exemptions may be granted for religious or medical purposes.
Please note: Failure to follow the instructions below may lead to disqualification.
In order to successfully apply for this position, you MUST complete your profile at www.careers.wa.gov and attach the following to your profile before completing the online application:
- A cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications of this position (Generic cover letter will not be accepted).
- A current resume.
- Three professional references.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/3994007/system-administrator-it-systems-admin-journey-permanent-04895-23