Pay Rate: $15.60/hour
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC’s faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Sustainability Steward: Energy & Water Analytics
Job Description Summary:
This job is for currently enrolled ACC students only.
To support the development, implementation, maintenance, and daily functions of ACC’s sustainability initiatives. These include, but are not limited to, energy and water conservation, renewable energy, alternative transportation, recycling and waste management, sustainable purchasing and operations, ACC gardens, Green Team engagement, education and outreach, communications and graphics, and related programs.
The Sustainability Steward: Energy & Water Analytics position focuses on energy, natural gas, water, and other resource conservation initiatives, while also gaining exposure to all ACC sustainability programs. This is a student position for full or part-time ACC students only. This is a semester-long position with the potential to continue for multiple semesters.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Assists in data tracking and analysis including electricity, renewable energy, gas, water, and other sustainability metrics under guidance of the Energy & Sustainability Office staff.
- Assists in the coordination and data management of annual district-wide sustainability reports, such as greenhouse gas reporting.
- Participates in office-wide functions and events.
- Principles and concepts of sustainability.
- Understanding of energy and water usage tracking and metrics.
- Familiarity with Energy Star Portfolio Manager preferred.
- Data entry, formula creation and editing, and analysis using Microsoft Excel.
- Managing large datasets.
- Maintaining files and performing other clerical duties.
- Performing complex tasks and prioritizing multiple projects.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills with tact and diplomacy.
- Contributing as a team member and assisting with other office initiatives, as needed.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, with flexibility around classes and job duty.
- Demonstrated proficiency at an intermediate level using standard office software applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Google Forms.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel preferred.
Required Work Experience
- Experience in data entry and analysis and/or experience managing large datasets.
Preferred Work Experience
- One year related work experience.
- Full or part-time ACC student .
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Related coursework and/or major.
Special RequirementsLicenses/Certifications; Other
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and reliable transportation for travel in the Austin area as required.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Access to personal laptop with applicable software programs.
- Work is performed in both an internal and external environment with occasional exposure to inclement weather and varying temperatures.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, climbing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and manual dexterity.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Pay Rate $15.60/hour
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions