Salary: 65000 USD Per Year
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Reed College seeks an inspiring and collaborative person to be our first Sustainability Coordinator. This person in this position will effectively engage the Reed community by using narrative to advocate for sustainability efforts on campus. The Sustainability Coordinator will empower the campus community through guidance, direction, support and mentorship toward sustainable practices and initiatives to reduce the College’s impact on the environment. This position will encourage ongoing sustainable programs and work closely with leaders to develop a culture of innovation, creativity and engagement. This role reports to the Director of Environmental Health Safety and Risk Management
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities. This is a full-time, exempt role with work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch. Starting salary for this position is $65,000 per year.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about the 4 pillars of sustainability.
- You are an exceptional project manager. You always have a plan, and you always meet your deadlines.
- You are a strategic thinker and see the big picture.
- You are a self-starter.
- You enjoy collaboration, leading teams and working with multiple partners on campus.
- You have demonstrated data collection and data analysis skills as they apply to issues of sustainability. Working with data and learning data technology is exciting to you.
- You enjoy working with students, appreciate learning from students, leading students and being led by students.
- You are a change agent.
- You take time to observe, learn and understand the Reed culture.
- You have strong business acumen. You are able to confidently demonstrate the benefits, risks and value of sustainability for multiple departments.
- You are a critical thinker.
- You can manage a budget by making efficient use of limited resources.
- You are familiar with the sustainability compliance and regulatory process. You understand where and how to find the information.
- You have 3 years’ of experience in environmental issues, sustainable food and food justice, energy, climate change, communication, outreach or a related field with a valid driver license.
What You’ll Do
- Track, maintain, and analyze energy, water, and carbon footprint statistics.
- Track campus energy usage through Energy Star Portfolio Manager.
- Monitor the building management system (DDC) and suggest areas of improvement.
- Update and maintain Sustainability website.
- Identifies and executes projects, manages project teams related to sustainability.
- Develop and verify proper installation and completion of sustainability projects, some of which could be student lead initiatives. Developing relationships with external partners, such as commissioning agents and specialized contractors.
- Provides training and leadership direction to Student Workers.
Click on the url link to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.