Salary Details: $13.00/hour
Deadline: Jul 31, 2023
EcoAnalysts, Inc. seeks to hire talented Sorting Laboratory Technicians to process aquatic benthic invertebrate and fish samples. The primary duties for this entry-level position are to set up and sort through water samples to separate aquatic invertebrates from other organic and inorganic matter while following project specific protocols. In this position, the successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and integrity, as well as be able to work quietly on their own. They should be able to work well in a small team environment, meet deadlines, and enjoy cooperating with people. The ideal candidate will ask questions, be open to constructive feedback, and care about the overall success of the company. We provide on‐the‐job training, so experience is desired but not required.
This is a part-time or full-time, temporary position (up to 6 months) with the potential of becoming permanent. The ideal applicant must be available to work a minimum of 30 hours per week, plus overtime during the lab’s busy season (late fall and winter months).
- High school diploma or GED. College coursework or degree in environmental science, biology, or aquatic ecology preferred
- Majority of work is completed at a microscope, so the ability to use one for prolonged periods while tolerating the microscope light is a must
- Ability to work quietly, quickly, and independently
- An intense attention to detail
- Ability to sit and focus for long periods of time
- Basic computer and math skills
Our mission, or our primary purpose, at EcoAnalysts is to help our clients make highly informed decisions. EcoAnalysts, Inc. is an ecological consulting firm established in 1995 with the purpose of helping our clients make highly informed decisions around ecological conditions. Owned and operated by aquatic ecologists, EcoAnalysts brings high ecological expertise to our clients. We provide ecological field sampling, laboratory, and consulting services. Our clients include Federal and state agencies; municipalities; tribes; consulting/engineering firms; and various industrial clients such as power, mining, manufacturing, transport, etc. EcoAnalysts has conducted ecological work in every state and Canadian province. We are a small business with a range of 60-75 employees. Our headquarters is in Moscow, Idaho with additional offices in Missouri, Washington state, and Florida.
- We provide reimbursement toward qualifying health insurance through an ICHRA
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Employee SIMPLE retirement plan with immediate vesting and company match
HOW TO APPLY
Please follow these steps to apply:
1. Complete the Employment Application (ecoanalysts.com/employment-application)
2. Email a resume, cover letter, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org