Salary: $55,028.88 – $64,145.52 Annually
Location: Mason County, WA
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 202300003
Department: PUBLIC WORKS
Opening Date: 05/10/2023
Closing Date: 6/1/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
This position is covered by The Teamsters & Operating Engineers Bargaining Unit, therefore if a qualified candidate from within the bargaining unit applies, that person could be selected for the position.
Responsible for road and traffic sign preparation, repair, and installation; as well as other duties associated with the support of construction, maintenance, or repair of county roads, bridges, drainage systems, and engineering projects.
Examples of Duties
Prepares new signs and repairs old signs, loads/unloads and installs signs. The Sign Technician is also responsible for barricade placement and marking roads for striping. Performs various office duties such as time sheet verification, record keeping, filing, etc.
Assists Truck Drivers, Flaggers, Operating Engineers, and other Road Maintenance Workers as needed with their related duties which may include: minor maintenance of trucks, asphalt patching, brush removal, post hole digging, and guardrail or fence repair. Other physical labor may include: Tree falling and cutting, cleaning culvert ends by hand, dismantling beaver dams, cleaning equipment and trucks, assisting with shop clean¬up or inventory, and other labor intensive jobs.
Regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
Shows initiative in performing job functions.
Performs related work as required (i.e. may be reassigned to operate snow removal equipment during winter snow emergencies, etc.).
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in road maintenance construction or heavy equipment operation or equivalent combination of experience, education, and
- Training experience working with survey stakes, blueprints, and specifications is preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- A valid Washington State Commercial Drivers License A with endorsement N for tank trailers and a good driving record.
- WSDOT certification for Sign and Marking Level I and II as presented by the IMSA.
- MUTCD training course.
- A First-Aid/CPR Card.
- A Flaggers’ Card.
- Maintenance of current skills and additional training as needed
COUNTY PROVIDED REQUIRED TRAINING FOR THIS POSITION:
Sexual Harassment & Discrimination
Smart Risk Management
Slip, Trip and Fall
Safe Lifting Practices
REGULAR MONITORED DRIVER: YES
DEFENSIVE DRIVING- ALL ANNUALLY:
R is for Reverse
Reduce Winter Weather Accidents
General Auto Risk Program for Drivers
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/masoncountywa/jobs/4036946/sign-shop-technician