Job Type: Permanent
Salary Details: Competitive
Deadline: Aug 09, 2021
Required Experience: 7+ years
See full job and application details at https://www.conservationjobboard.com/job-listing-shasta-klamath-program-manager-mt-shasta-california/1649285798
Position Summary: California Trout seeks a full-time Shasta-Klamath Regional Manager to lead and manage conservation projects, build public-private strategic partnerships, and promote science and water policy throughout the Shasta-Klamath Region. California Trout (CalTrout) is a conservation nonprofit organization, based in San Francisco with seven regional offices state-wide, whose mission is ensuring healthy waters and resilient wild fish for a better California. Located in the City of Mount Shasta, the Regional Manager will join a highly motivated team committed to improving water management and restoring salmon populations in the mid-Klamath Basin. The Regional Manager position reports to the Executive Director.
Job Description: Primary responsibilities include managing and overseeing the region’s existing conservation programs and initiatives across multiple watersheds including the Mid-Klamath, Shasta, Scott, Fall River, Hat Creek, McCloud River, and Upper Sacramento. The Shasta-Klamath Regional Manager will carry out the current three-year strategic plan, organizing and supervising personnel and subcontractors, building new innovative initiatives, fundraising and grant writing, managing partnerships, and providing financial oversight for a large portfolio of public-private grants. The Regional Manager should demonstrate a competence and dedication to CalTrout’s mission, initiatives, and conservation issues. This primarily includes watershed and fisheries habitat restoration and conservation, recovery and protection of endangered species, and protection of water resources and their beneficial uses. This role requires a high-level understanding of resource management, resource agencies and their mandates, and regulatory compliance for project implementation. The Regional Manager is expected to work independently, using professional knowledge and judgment in ensuring that duties and responsibilities are carried out in a timely manner and that policy and procedures are followed.
- Program Leadership: Lead all conservation related goals and objectives including salmon recovery and scientific investigations in the Mid-Klamath Basin, habitat restoration and improved on-farm water management in the Shasta-Scott Watersheds, volcanic aquifer and source water protection.
- Project Management: Effectively manage multiple projects running concurrently; lead and organize on-the ground restoration
- Construction management and oversight for large-scale on-farm water efficiency projects, barrier removal, and habitat restoration projects
- Financial Oversight: Manage annual budget with numerous public-private funding sources, subcontractor invoicing, grants and contracts, and grant administration and reporting. Keep gold-standard financial records in an audit-compatible
- Fundraising and Grant Writing: Write successful grant proposals and perform grant management. Lead donor site visits, and provide marketing communications and social media posts to CalTrout MarCom
- Team Building and Organizing/Supervising Personnel: Build inter-disciplinary teams of biologists, engineers and others to solve complex environmental challenges
- Science & Innovation: Consult with environmental professionals and resource managers to solve complex problems; write white papers and peer-review publications summarizing findings.
- Reporting: Create reports and high-quality presentations utilizing Excel and PowerPoint, WebEx; deliver presentations at professional conferences on Coalition work.
- Community & Public Outreach: Lead public outreach and engagement activities through presentations, media posts and volunteer opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply through our online link: Shasta-Klamath Program Manager Application