Salary: $34,680.00 – $45,852.00 Annually
Location: Cowlitz County – Castle Rock, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Remote Employment: Flexible/Hybrid
Department: Dept. of Natural Resources
Job Number: 2023-4-5286-05238
Closing: 4/30/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
The Department of Natural Resources has an exciting opportunity within our Aquatic Resources Division. Come help us manage state-owned aquatic lands so that our aquatic resources thrive, businesses grow, waterfront public access is provided, and salmon are preserved in perpetuity.
We are looking for an independent, self-directed, critical thinker with proficient soft skills who is flexible in decision making. The ideal candidate is able to work on internal and external issues in an active, respectful, and professional manner. The Secretary Senior provides administrative support to Rivers Districts’ Land Technicians, Land Managers, District Managers, and Field Assistant Division Manager to help manage, protect, and restore state-owned aquatic lands in 28 counties in southwestern and eastern Washington.
The Secretary Senior plays a key role in maintaining an inclusive and respectful work environment while working with internal employees, individual citizens, private industry, Tribes, government agencies, and stakeholders to ensure resources are managed to preserve ecological and economic viability, including clean-up, pollution prevention, habitat conservation and protection, restoration, and assessment of proper use of state-owned aquatic lands. This position plays a key role in carrying out DNR’s mission through a high-level of secretarial and clerical duties that are integral to protecting state owned aquatic lands and waters to meet the needs of present and future generations is meet.
- Build and maintain professional working relationships.
- Assist with the management of Rivers District’s electronic and hardcopy record files.
- Enter and maintain electronic records and prepare reports using the electronic data for use by District personnel.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance of use authorizations.
- Serve as a point of contact for region/division staff, business partners, and the public concerning state-owned aquatic lands.
- Provide miscellaneous administrative support, including scheduling and arranging meetings, travel, and appointments.
- Coordinate, track, and organize supply orders, staff equipment inventories, and other related facility/equipment/vehicle needs.
- Perform routine to complex word processing tasks, document editing, and formatting.
- Complete initial review of permitting applications and application systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or higher.
- Experience with computers and working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook, Microsoft TEAMs, and internet search engines. Adapt easily to new and changing technologies.
- DNR Core Competencies:
- Personal Accountability
- Value Others
- Compassionate Communication
- Inspire Others
- Commitment to Excellence
- Ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly, and use typical office software.
- Ability to work with and provide customer service to the general public and representatives from businesses, governmental organizations, Tribes, Lessees and Tenants.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple ongoing tasks at one time.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and within a team.
Special Requirements and Conditions of Employment:
- Qualified or have the ability to qualify as a Notary Public and Electronic Notary within 1 year of employment.
- Work is 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work as well as travel are necessary for training, public meetings, shellfish surveys and similar activities.
- A valid driver’s license and have two years of driving experience. This position requires driving as an essential function. Finalists and/or interview candidates will be asked to provide a driving record from all states in which they have held a license during the past three years.
- Employees of the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) are required to complete their primary series of COVID-19 vaccines (be fully vaccinated against COVID-19) or be approved for a medical or religious accommodation as a condition of employment. Please note, any offer of employment is contingent and no start date will be approved until you have either verified your vaccine status or have an approved accommodation. “Fully vaccinated” means the following: An employee is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after they have received the second dose in a two-dose series of a COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Novavax) or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson (J&J)/Janssen) authorized for emergency use, licensed, or otherwise approved by the FDA or listed for emergency use, or otherwise approved by the World Health Organization.
- Experience using database software, such as: Microsoft Access, Salesforce (DNR calls this the Aquatic Contract Document Center), and/or other customized computer systems used to track financial, accounting, and/or other information.
- Experience preparing, compiling, and coordinating administrative and financial reports.
- Ability to innovate and creatively think; who takes initiative to achieve solution-oriented results in an office setting.
- Familiarity with and understanding of legal contracts and/or real estate terminology.
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the management of state lands or natural resources.
- Experience being organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple ongoing projects at one time.
- To be considered you must apply online at www.careers.wa.gov. You must complete the entire online application to be considered for the position.
- Attach a letter of interest describing how your experience and qualifications relate to the position profile and the position required, desired and special requirements.
- Attach a resume describing your experience and qualifications.
- Provide three to five professional references – you may attach a document, use the References text field in the online application, or include with resume.
- Important: Do not attach any documents that include photos or private information (social security number, year of birth, etc.).
- Complete all supplemental questions.
Additional Information: This recruitment may be extended and may also be used to fill future similar vacancies for up to sixty (60) days.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/4003529/secretary-senior