Target Start Date: November 1, 2021
Hours: 12-16 hours per week
See full details at http://nisquallyestuary.org/job-openings/
COVID-19 Guidelines: Staff are asked to plan and navigate their in-person and remote work time based on personal and program needs. Many duties require in-person work, while some duties may be performed at home as appropriate. Masks are required inside the facility and while working with other staff, volunteers, students and visitors. If any staff person or their cohabitant is sick, that staff person is required to stay home. Proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required and will be verified at time of start date. Medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
The Nisqually Reach Nature Center (NRNC) is seeking a responsible individual or couple to
provide residential caretaking and maintenance services. The Resident Caretaker(s) is a live-in position that supports NRNC’s mission by providing building/grounds maintenance services, open-system aquarium maintenance, security for the premises, and aid in the general function/programming of the organization. The Resident Caretaker(s) ensures that the facility and three open-system aquariums are maintained to a high standard in both cleanliness and function while being an active member of the NRNC community. This position provides both support and guidance for NRNC’s facility and aquarium management.
- Perform indoor janitorial duties for NRNC’s bathrooms, kitchen, offices, visitor center, storage facilities and caretaker living quarters
- Perform outdoor custodial/building maintenance duties (e.g. leaf-blowing, trash cleanup, vegetation maintenance)
- Perform daily maintenance of NRNC’s aquariums
- Provide security surveillance of the building and public parking area, especially during closed hours after 10 pm
- Aid in routine inspection of NRNC’s water system, coliform testing, and well-house and pipe maintenance
- Identify, report, and fix interior and exterior building and grounds issues
- Provide support for programming through setting up tables/chairs and cleaning before meetings, classes, science programs, fundraisers, and other events
- Attend monthly board meetings to report on and update prioritized caretaking and maintenance needs.
- Serve on Maintenance Committee
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- A High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Proven maintenance experience
- Valid Washington Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record
- Self-motivated, energetic, flexible, reliable, and detail-oriented
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work well with others
- Strong organization, time management, efficiency, and record-keeping skills
- Takes pride in their work and does their job to the best of their ability
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- Related degree from a technical college
- Experience in the environmental field whether habitat restoration, environmental education, and/or
environmental-related field (biology, ecology, geology, etc.)
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter describing your interest and how you are qualified for this position to Daniel Hull, Executive Director at: email@example.com. Please include your references. Position remains open until filled; first applications will be reviewed starting September 24, 2021.
By submitting materials, you are indicating that all information is true and correct. NRNC has the right to verify information. Any untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from the applicant pool or dismissal if employed.