Salary: $4,216.00 – $5,673.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Remote Employment: Flexible/Hybrid
Job Number: 2023-06064
Department: Dept. of Fish and Wildlife
Opening Date: 05/03/2023
Closing Date: 5/11/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Contribute to the overall success of the Recruitment Team by providing a high-level candidate and customer experience. You are innovative in finding ways to attract great talent, anticipate business needs, and coach our hiring managers to hire successfully through an inclusive lens! If this speaks to you then come join a close-knit, collaborative team that values each member for their strengths and works together to provide excellent customer service and outreach!
Our ideal candidate is a champion of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – you are passionate about establishing and promoting Talent Acquisition programs supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion in hiring practices.
Picture yourself participating in recruitment strategies for various outreach events and participating as a member of the recruiting team at virtual and live job fairs, and other hiring, career, and educational events.
We are seeking a candidate who models the 6 values of the agency: Accountability, Service, Professionalism, Integrity, Respect and Empathy (ASPIRE).
Recruitment team support and outreach:
- Provides regular, consistent, and tracked outreach on all recruiting activities.
- Creates individual files for each recruitment and works with hiring manager to collect records.
- Maintain and assist with outreach efforts on social media platforms and other outreach sources as directed.
- Promote WDFW as an employer of choice, welcoming a broad, diverse pool of qualified candidates for positions and careers.
Recruitment and support:
- Receives recruiting assignments, works with hiring manager to draft recruitments, posts recruitments, screens and refers candidates.
- Develops, creates, and maintains recruitment announcements, questionnaires, and bid notifications with assistance and input from supervisors and managers to align with position descriptions.
- Performs the screening and assessment process using NeoGov to create a valid certification using Human Resources best practices.
- Work Setting, including hazards:
- Office setting, at a personal computer majority of the day.
- Remote/Hybrid options available as determined by supervisor.
- Typically, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. – ability to work a flexible schedule is dependent upon critical deadlines and varying needs of the job.
- Workload demands may require work outside the assigned work hours and adjustment of work schedules.
- Travel Requirements:
- Occasional local or state-wide travel to attend meetings, trainings, or job fairs – this may include overnight travel, though rare.
- Customer Interactions:
- Daily Teams, phone, and video interaction with WDFW staff and interacting with the public.
Bachelor’s Degree in at least one (1) of the following:
- Human resources
- Business Administration
- Public Relations
- Or a similarly related field.
- One (1) year of professional human resource experience including recruiting experience or similarly related experience.
- An equivalent combination of Human Resource focused education and professional experience may also substitute for the above.
- Closely related qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-by-year basis.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent customer service.
- Highly organized and can demonstrate efficiency.
- Understands process and can create easy to follow processes for a diverse audience.
- Experience using social media platforms.
- Clear and easy to understand writing and grammar skills for writing recruitments and marketing of positions as well as other professional written communication.
- Experience working in the State of Washington Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS) and processes.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: WDFW requires all employees to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment. You will be required to provide proof of vaccination as part of the hiring process. Please do not upload your vaccination documentation with your application materials – your vaccination status will be verified by your supervisor before you will be allowed to work. Exemptions may be granted for religious or medical purposes.
How to Apply
Please note: Failure to follow the instructions below may lead to disqualification.
In order to successfully apply for this position, you MUST complete your profile at www.careers.wa.gov and attach the following to your profile before completing the online application:
- A cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications of this position (Generic cover letter will not be accepted).
- A current resume.
- Three professional references.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/4028064/recruitment-outreach-specialist-human-resource-consultant-2-permanent-06