Review of applications commences November 15, 2021 and will continue until the positions are filled.
GEOTRACES (www.geotraces.org) is an international programme in marine geochemistry. Its mission is to identify and quantify processes that control the distribution of key trace elements and isotopes in the ocean, and their sensitivity to changing environmental conditions.
GEOTRACES is seeking to appoint a part-time Project Officer for the GEOTRACES International Project Office (IPO) hosted at the Laboratoire d’Études en Géophysique et Océanographie Spatiales (LEGOS, Observatoire Midi-Pyrénées) at University of Toulouse III – Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France. The IPO serves as a co-ordination centre for day-to-day operations and logistical matters of the GEOTRACES programme. It develops and maintains products to manage the programme; assists the SSC and its standing committees with all aspects of their work; facilitates communications among the various components of GEOTRACES (e.g., national committees, standing committees) and serves as the primary interface for communications with the broader oceanographic community and with the general public.
The project officer will lead or contribute to the following activities:
- Assisting the Executive Officer to implement the activities of the GEOTRACES IPO.
- Maintaining up to date the GEOTRACES web site, as well as, the Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Editing the GEOTRACES eNewsletter and reports from events.
- Assisting in organising the logistics of GEOTRACES events (i.e. meetings, workshops).
This post is available for one year (renewable) and will be filled as soon as possible. Starting salary dependent on the relevant skills, knowledge and experience that the post holder brings to the role. Some international travel may be involved.
The successful candidate should be fluent in English and have first-class skills in both written and verbal communication. The following qualifications would be considered to be advantageous for the post:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems (Word Press), and social media platforms.
- Relevant experience in a scientific communications role.
- Experience in coordination and organisation of international science events.
- Good management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of webdesign (InDesign/Photoshop).
- Capacity to adapt and learn new tasks.
- Fluent in French.
Please send a CV, a cover letter (1 page maximum) and the names and contacts for 3 referees to:
LEGOS – OMP
14 Avenue Edouard Belin
31400 Toulouse, France
or email@example.com (Please include the ref. “GEOTRACES Project Officer” in the subject heading of email).