Salary: $75,120.00 – $101,052.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Remote Employment: Flexible/Hybrid
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 23DOT-HQ-01811
Closing: 5/10/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world’s longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world’s widest tunneling project.
WSDOT is currently seeking an energetic and self-motivated team member to serve as a Project Manager in the Capital Facilities Office. This position will work closely with stakeholders, consultants, and contractors delivering multiple concurrent projects responding to the mission of the Capital Facilities Office.
The mission of the Capital Facilities Office is to support agency employees and the travelling public by providing safe, reliable, and functional workplaces and public spaces. This position manages improvement and preservation projects and plays an integral part in meeting our goals of excellent customer service, focus on employee needs, collaboration, and continuous improvement. The incumbent is also expected to conduct business by following our values of safety, people first, teamwork, professionalism, respect, and integrity.
What to Expect
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the Project Manager will:
- Develop, maintain, and monitor project scope, schedule, and budget for multiple concurrent facility projects.
- Identify and analyze alternate solutions during all project phases.
- Investigate and analyze site selections for development suitability and potential.
- Evaluate contract disputes and recommend corrective action.
- Review and approve the work of contractors to determine project payment, completion, and acceptance.
- Perform design work and prepare well-articulated project construction documents.
- Analyze, review, and interpret project information related to the work of other building disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, structural, architectural, and other specialties.
- Review project documents at all phases for conformance with approved scope and budget.
- Interpret the intent of construction documents in contracts relative to shop drawings, submittals, and information requests to provide approvals and/or clear direction to the contractor.
- Perform field observations to assure contract compliance during construction.
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- Licensed architect registered in the state of Washington.
- Proficient with interpretation and application of local/state/federal/international building codes, state statutes, regional regulatory policies, and department standard plans and specifications applicable to facilities projects.
- Ability to manage scope, schedule, and budget in the project delivery process.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel statewide.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- Four (4) years of experience in project delivery and/or project management including all phases from preliminary scoping to construction closeout.
- LEED AP: Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design accredited professional and/or experience on projects successfully attaining LEED Silver or higher.
- DBIA: Design-Build Institute of America accredited professional and/or experience on projects utilizing alternative public works contracting such as: (DB) Design-Build, (GCCM) General Contractor/Construction Manager, (JOC) Job Order Contracts, (ESCO) Energy Savings Performance Contracting.
- PMP: Project Management Professional accredited professional and/or experience managing projects in accordance with the PMBOK Guide (Project Management Body of Knowledge).
- CJP: Certified Job Order Contracting Professional (CJP) accredited professional and/or experience on projects utilizing job order contracting.
- Experience in management/delivery of projects with federal funding and the ‘Buy America’ impacts to project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Experience in management/delivery of projects with continuous inspection requirements and the subsequent impacts to project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Experience in management/delivery of projects with certified payroll requirements and the subsequent impacts to project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Possesses essential knowledge of alternative public works contracting methods available to public agencies in the State of Washington.
- Experience with Microsoft Office professional suite of software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft Project or similar industry standard scheduling software.
- Experience with RS Means or similar industry standard estimating publication and/or software.
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, O. Dietrich, at DietriO@wsdot.wa.gov. Please be sure to reference 23DOT-HQ-01811 in the subject line.
How to Apply
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
- An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
- An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
- Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. This information can be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/4009207/project-manager-architect-2. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in, or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity.