For more information, please follow this link: https://www.conservationjobboard.com/job-listing-program–development-director-renton-washington/2963678140?utm_source=ongage&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=regular
Salary– $55,000 – $60,000
Development & Community Outreach
- Serve as SHADOW’s primary fundraising leader; develop a strategic annual fundraising plan aimed at increasing organizational capacity and ensuring long-term growth and sustainability.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward prospective and existing donors; strengthen
relationships with corporate and foundation partners; and engage Board of Directors to support these efforts.
- Manage grants, including researching available grant options, writing grant proposals,
maintaining the grant calendar, tracking budgets and outcomes, and submitting reports in a timely manner.
- Oversee communication including content creation for monthly e-newsletter, SHADOW’s website and web presence on social media, and printed materials including flyers and brochures.
- Develop and implement community engagement activities including events such as the annual Frog Frolic and Issaquah Salmon Days.
Administration & Program Management
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization and ensure maintenance of
- Assist in facilitating weekly staff meetings and provide support to co-workers.
- Attend monthly Board of Director meetings to report on operations and develop
organizational plans and policies.
- Build an annual budget for the organization and prepare program and project budgets.
Track expenses and ensure organization operates efficiently and within budget.
- Process and track donations, and issue gift acknowledgements and tax-receipts for
monetary and in-kind donations.
- Ensure strong administrative and technological infrastructure, including serving as the
primary administrator for Microsoft Office 365 and the Salesforce database.
- Experience in nonprofit management or development.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and dedicated to advance SHADOW Lake Nature Preserve’s mission.
- Ability to engage and effectively collaborate with the Board of Directors.
- Ability to empower co-workers and delegate tasks to staff, the Board, and volunteers.
- College or university degree in a relevant field.
- Strong networking/fundraising skills; experience in donor stewardship, grant
writing/management, and event management is desired.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning abilities.
- Ability to envision and convey an organization’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
- High level of resourcefulness, creativity, and solid organizational leadership.
Desirable Skill Set
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with people.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with
WordPress, Constant Contact, or Salesforce is desired.
Logistics & Salary
- Status: FTE, salary, exempt
- Salary range: $55,000 – $60,000
- Benefits: SHADOW offers paid time-off, paid sick leave, paid holidays, and healthcare
- Location: 21656 184th Ave SE, Renton, WA 98058
- Start date: Mid to late July
- Approximate hours of work are within the hours of 8 am –6 pm. Candidates must be
able to work a flexible work schedule, including some weekends or evening, as
necessary. SHADOW’s current hours of operation are Tuesday – Saturday, with the hope of this position moving to Monday – Friday in the future.
- Valid WA State Driver’s License and reliable transportation with current auto insurance
are required. Position involves some local travel. Reimbursement is available for work
related travel and parking expenses.