Job Type: Permanent
Salary Details: $20-24/hour
The Upper Columbia Salmon Recovery Board (UCSRB) is a nonprofit corporation formed to serve as a regional salmon recovery organization and to coordinate and implement the Upper Columbia Spring Chinook Salmon and Steelhead Recovery Plan. One of seven regional salmon recovery organizations, UCSRB is directed by a five member board with representatives from Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan Counties, the Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation, and the Yakama Nation. The UCSRB staff executes the organization’s mission through three key programs: science, forest health, and recovery plan implementation, and provides support to multiple partners within the Upper Columbia region.
The Program Assistant plays a key role in the UCSRB team by supporting a well-organized, fast-paced and professional office environment. The position will work independently and, at other times, in close coordination with other team members to help the UCSRB implement program initiatives and achieve organizational goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- coordinate logistics, draft agendas and summaries, conduct preparation and follow-up for meetings of the UCSRB Board of Directors
- assist the Lead Entity Coordinator with Salmon Recovery Funding Board grant rounds
- provide support to other program managers
- coordinate arrangements for program activities such as meetings, conferences, or workshops
- assist with regional partner engagement, including strategic communications with local, state, federal and tribal government partners, and other non-governmental organizations
- draft reports and technical documents
- perform data entry using Excel, QuickBooks and web-based systems
- manage the annual office supply budget
- help maintain and improve web-based tools and databases
- assist finance manager with contract management
- assist finance manager and executive director in maintaining internal controls associated with a $1 million annual budget, and
- additional tasks and activities as requested by the Executive Director.
- minimum of two years of related experience
- ability to take initiative and actively engage with other UCSRB team members
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- highly organized and detail-oriented
- experienced in the use of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, business management, administration or related field
- experience using WordPress and/or related website management software.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.